Author Topic: Have any of the Supporting Doctors here had Gynecomastia themselves!?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline bitter

• Posting Member
Just wondering as gyne is such a common occurrence if any of the doctors here have dealt with it themselves.  or do you know of any that have openly deal with it and what they practice?

Offline bitter

• Posting Member
suppose i should have read dr delgados new owner sticky  ;D

Offline jmg106

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, I have had small gyne all my life -- and have learned to live with it, albeit with some difficulty.  Yes, I have lived through the teasing, the embarrassment, the ridicule that many on this forum have encountered -- so I know how the guys feel and I empathize with them.  This is one reason that I have focused part of my professional life on treatment of gynecomastia.  When I help other guys "cross to the other side", it gives me an immense amount of pleasure and satisfaction.

BTW, I think Dr. Pope (Orlando, Florida) has written about his gyne -- he has had surgery for it.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline bitter

• Posting Member
thanks for your response Dr. Jacobs.  its good to see and hear someone with personal experience in the reconstruction field.  im sure youve had some very grateful customers

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Yes, I've had the surgery myself.  I've had mild gyne for  a number of years - it became exaggerated with middle age, as I put on a little weight.  I had a good result with liposuction alone, so I'm not really convinced that I had true breast tissue, only pseudogynecomastia, for people who believe that is a legitimate term/condition.

I wore my compression vest for 2 weeks and did very well.  It made quite a difference in my chest appearance, and I feel much better out at the pool, beach, etc.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline bitter

• Posting Member
Thank you much for your response Dr. Pope.  I'm a little confused as to how you didn't know if you had "full" gyne or not.  i must have a pretty severe case as you can clearly feel the glandular tissue and ducts under the skin.  been a very long time since had any consultation about it but it doesnt take a genious to see that i have gynecomastia.

Offline bitter

• Posting Member
i guess i consider psuedogyne just "puffy nipples" really...  which may just be fat?  where real gyne is breast tissue developed in the male chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024