Author Topic: Crater Revision With Dr. Bermant  (Read 14719 times)

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Yes...the steri-strips come off tomorrow and I am going to get some up on here within a couple days.

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
thanks.  look forward to seeing the result.  good luck.

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Sorry for the delay my pc is in for repairs so it may be a week or so before I get the pics up.

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
No problem.  Look forward to seeing the result.

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
Were you able to get the computer fixed?  I am curious as to how the revision came out.  I am probably going to require one.

Thanks.

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
Clevelandguy how did the revision work out?

DrBermant

Clevelandguy how did the revision work out?

You will notice this is quite common for my patients and a hallmark of what I strive for: they move on with their lives. You will find many such examples of people who have surgery, show up on the forum for a short time after, work on their emotional healing, and then move on with their lives. Some stay to help others but most rather not be reminded of their old deformity and contour problems.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
Thank you for the response.  I am considering a revision.

DrBermant

Thank you for the response.  I am considering a revision.

You are quite welcome. There is much to learn before considering revision surgery. A careful evaluation of all of the issues and documentation are all important factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
I apologize for not posting in such a very long time. But much like Dr. Bermant has said I have moved on with my life, and gyne has just become a painful memory that I hardly look back on. You can see the visible results after my first surgery (not with Dr. Bermant), and the after effects were almost worse then prior to having the surgery. I was reminded of my gyne every day while looking in the mirror before taking a shower and seeing the disaster my first Dr. left me with. I researched long and hard, and it payed off with my final result that I now have.

My chest today is about as "normal" as you could get. I have very small scars that you can barley see only when u you look up close for them. Those debating revision, do not let travel or money sway your decision get it done right. I will have to look for, or take some new pics so you can all see the final result.  

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
Glad to hear.  I look forward to seeing the result when you post the pics.

Thank you.

DrBermant

I apologize for not posting in such a very long time. But much like Dr. Bermant has said I have moved on with my life, and gyne has just become a painful memory that I hardly look back on. You can see the visible results after my first surgery (not with Dr. Bermant), and the after effects were almost worse then prior to having the surgery. I was reminded of my gyne every day while looking in the mirror before taking a shower and seeing the disaster my first Dr. left me with. I researched long and hard, and it payed off with my final result that I now have.

My chest today is about as "normal" as you could get. I have very small scars that you can barley see only when u you look up close for them. Those debating revision, do not let travel or money sway your decision get it done right. I will have to look for, or take some new pics so you can all see the final result.  

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experiences! We work very hard both at the dynamic contouring of the body and the healing of the emotional scars of our patients. It is nice hearing progress reports from our patients as I wind down my career with retirement 8/31/11.

Yes this helped,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant,
Congratulations on your well deserved retirement. I am happy for you, but in the same token sad for the rest of people who will not be able to access your hands for surgery. I hope in some small way you continue to spread your knowledge of how gyne surgery should be performed, and maybe write a book. I am sure you have many emotional stories from people you have met all across the world. Again thanks for changing my life in small, yet dramatic way.

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant,

What is the date for your retirement? Still considering an evaluation for a revision.

Thanks.

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant,

What is the date for your retirement? Still considering an evaluation for a revision.

Thanks.

I retire 8/31/11 and there will be no further surgery. Some are still asking for my medical opinion without the option for surgery until that date. After that, I will only be offering my non-specific general thoughts on issues on forums as a retired surgeon. I prefer posting in places that permit linking to resources that I can express my concepts with proof of pictures, drawings, and videos since Plastic Surgery is an artistic passion that answers consisting of only words is too limiting. Let us discuss Da Vinci or Michangelo's work with no images?

So if you are interested in my informed specific opinion, you will need to call the office on Monday and speak with Jane. She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737. If you need to ask about less specific details, email me that request so I can comply with the new policy of this site about linking.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024