Author Topic: Unusual Scar Resulting in an Anxiety Filled Summer (Pic Added)  (Read 4539 times)

Offline ST

• Posting Member
I'm 17 and had surgery to get rid of the gyno 4 weeks ago. I'm happy with the result, only had it on one side and my left and right side are not perfectly matched but I expected that.

First question, there is a depression below the nipple that wasn't there before, will this fill out over time, should I start working on my pecs to fix it?

Second, my scar seems quite unusual compared to the others i've seen. Everyone else has a scar tightly wrapped round the areola, whereas mine is wrapped around the bottom of the areola but extends 1cm out either side into the skin. The reason this bothers me is that the part under the areola is barely noticable, the parts on the skin are purple and clearly visible. Just fyi I didn't have lipo i had a mastectomy.

I am going on a beach holiday with friends soon and I don't want them to know. Is there anything that can be done in a short space of time (3 weeks) to help combat (or improve) the purple parts of the scar. Alternatively can anyone think of a good excuse for having a scar there that isn't a result of something recent happening (ie "when I was a baby I had a collapsed lung and i've had this scar ever since" as opposed to "I broke my rib doing x").

Any advice or comments would mean a great deal to me, this has been plaguing me ever since I had the surgery and I really want to go away feeling confident as i'd originally intended.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:25:00 AM by ST »

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
Tell them you had a cyst removed, cut yourself shaving your chest, or etc. The shaving your chest excuse would give you something to joke about (and they'll probably laugh too) and it'll be forgotten shortly after.

I hope that helps.

Offline ST

• Posting Member
Lol like the shaving idea, unfortunately it looks a bit too, well "surgical" for that :) However if it's faded a fair bit more by then perhaps it'll work  ;)

Cyst is a good idea as well, thanks!

Anyone else have some alternatives or advice on the location and purpleness of the scar?

Offline Some guy

• Posting Member
If you only need to cover it up temporarily try using consealer (make up). You souldnt expose your scars to the sun so soon anyway.

Offline ST

• Posting Member
Yeah concealer is another good idea, just beed to find some waterproof stuff (any reccomendations?). I know I shouldn't but i spoke to my surgeon about it and he said it'd be fine provided i used strong suncream on the area.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ST

• Posting Member
Nope but I can try and get 1 sorted for tomorrow, no pre-op unfortunately but didn't really wanna keep memories of pre-op if you understand.

Edit: Managed to get 1 uploaded. (See original post).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:26:28 AM by ST »

Offline nipman

• Posting Member
OK...  So you got in a bar fight with some jackass.  As you were beating the shit out of him you noticed that something scratched you.  Fight was broke up, he ran like hell.  Turns out he tried to stab you!  Now...  Chick digs scar and the fact that you back down to no man! That would be my excuse.  8)

Offline ST

• Posting Member
Hahaha my friends know me a bit too well for that, although I admire the creativity  :D

Offline sickman

• Bronze Member
  • moobs aint cool.
i like the excuses
my op's in 6 days
and my beach holiday is 3 weeks after that
i dunno how im gonna heal...

Offline ST

• Posting Member
Ah then we're in very similar situations, are you planning on telling your mates/family the truth or are you also seeking a beleivable excuse?

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 tell them you got in a knife  fight, you won,  and that  they  should see what the other guy looks like

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024