Author Topic: 48 hrs post op  (Read 1768 times)

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
So it'd been 2 days...here is what am feeling and thinking

1) drains - annoying! They also have me asking, how long until they stop draining stuff? Is it normal that they are still draining blood? I drain it about every 6 hrs and the amount is always less than 1/4 of the bulb...is this normal? What color should it be? When does it stop? Am I losing too much blood through the drains?

2) no bowel movement as of yet. Its been 48 hrs and I
know its time but nothing yet!

3) feel very tired..not sleeping well because am very uncomfortable lying on back all the time.

Can anyone compare this to their own experience 48 hrs post op?

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
Hey nikolas

I am sitting here too, 2 days post op. Not quite 48 hours however.

I completly agree... the drains are annoying! It must be normal for them to be draining stuff still. They said mind should be in till sunday, monday at the latest so I am just trying to be patient. Since about 4pm yesterday till 11am today (when i drained them this morning), I drained 80 cc's of blood. 40 on each side. I don't know whether this is good or not, but its definitely an improvement since yesterday.

I also havent had a bowel movement either. I am waiting for it! My appitite is there for the most part and I am eating a fruits to help the cause.

I am also feeling very tired. However I did have a much better sleep than last night.

Are you taking and painkillers? Right now I am on t3s so that it helping my sleeping somewhat.

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
I hear ya both about the drains being the most annoying thing after the surgery that i also had to deal with... I had my surgery done last friday...
Your questions about the drains ...Here is what my doc told me after the surgery...
  • I may need em in for 2 days, 3 days, or even for a whole week!!
  • What he asked me to do is to everytime i drain, I should jot it down somewhere and add them up over 24 hrs interval
  • As long as I am draining over 30cc on each side over 24 hrs duration, I need them in!!! He asked me to call him once it goes below 30cc over 24 hrs.

I drained over 30cc only the first day on my left side...right side was about 15cc... But since it was on saturday, i couldnt get to setup a time for monday to have em out ...I had to wait it out till tuesday....so from saturday to tuesday i probably drained 5-8cc on each per day.... which was even worse knowing that Iam carrying those pouches around without needing em....

One advice tho, i didnt go mentally prepared to endure pain when i had mine taken out. Bring your painkiller/ muslce relaxer....cuz you gonna need it... My chest was burning all the way back from docs office and was probably the most in pain I had been during this whole process... But, just so you know, it is still bearable....

And for bowel movement... all the meds makes to constipated so it is kinda expected.... take something that will loosen up things in there... something fiberous, or even NAC as it does some fo that work...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:30:36 PM by minnhelp »

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
ok, so on this second day post op I was able to take shower and remove the foam pads under the vest. I saw the area for first time and am not sure what to think of it. The entire chest is obviously flatter and the nipple areas look indented. Is that what it is supposed to be like? Will it start filling up eventually? Will the chest go back to its normal shape - the gyno? I can clearly tell all remnants of gyno are gone but will the chest shape back to normal? How long? I work out and try to have a nice sculpted chest, now am scared i won't get back a normal sculpted chest appearance...any input?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024