Author Topic: How tight should the shirt be post surgery?  (Read 3357 times)

Offline yet-another

• Posting Member
Hello All,

I'm kinda rushing into this a little bit.  I am getting surgery on Wednesday morning!  Finally.  I purchased a compression shirt for post surgery.  I tried it on yesterday.  I can get it on ok, but getting it off definitely takes a little more work.  How tight does the shirt need to be?  Is it "the tighter the better?"  I am a little worried that I may hurt my newly worked on chest getting the shirt on and off. 

Thanks!   

DrBermant

Hello All,

I'm kinda rushing into this a little bit.  I am getting surgery on Wednesday morning!  Finally.  I purchased a compression shirt for post surgery.  I tried it on yesterday.  I can get it on ok, but getting it off definitely takes a little more work.  How tight does the shirt need to be?  Is it "the tighter the better?"  I am a little worried that I may hurt my newly worked on chest getting the shirt on and off. 

Thanks!   

To help protect and optimize tension, I prefer for my office to fit each of my patients with their own After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garments.  Too loose, and the tissues are not stabilized enough.  Too tight and blood supply to tissue can be compromised.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024