Author Topic: Been to doctors, no gynecomastia!?  (Read 3436 times)

Offline john58

Hey new member here. Little introduction here, im 16, weight 10,6 stones and height about 5,10. Not sure on my BF but im sure its low.
Anyway, i first went to the doctors just under a year ago, and he preformed a physical check on me but just said it was normal and there was nothing i could do. However a year later on, i went back for the same reason (yesterday) and said i felt very self conscious about it. He preformed another physical check and told me that i no longer had hard tissue under my nipples which he thought i had on my previous visit. This was good news and he told me it was just fat. What i would like to know is, how can i get rid of this fat under and around my nipple? Im very active and play rugby for two teams, and train/play pretty much everyday. I will upload pictures if it helps anybody.
Thanks, John.

Offline theflip44

• Posting Member

DrBermant

Hey new member here. Little introduction here, im 16, weight 10,6 stones and height about 5,10. Not sure on my BF but im sure its low.
Anyway, i first went to the doctors just under a year ago, and he preformed a physical check on me but just said it was normal and there was nothing i could do. However a year later on, i went back for the same reason (yesterday) and said i felt very self conscious about it. He preformed another physical check and told me that i no longer had hard tissue under my nipples which he thought i had on my previous visit. This was good news and he told me it was just fat. What i would like to know is, how can i get rid of this fat under and around my nipple? Im very active and play rugby for two teams, and train/play pretty much everyday. I will upload pictures if it helps anybody.
Thanks, John.

The clinical Examination of the Male Chest is insufficient to determine gland vs. fat. Although gland tends to be firm and fat soft, gland can be soft and fat firm. In addition a cold room will distort subtle gynecomastia.  That is why my exam rooms are at a consistent warm temperature.

Whether it is fat or gland, if the contour looks female on the male chest, then by definition it is gynecomastia.

Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia can help others better understand your concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024