Author Topic: Post op Blues  (Read 2368 times)

Offline st23

• Posting Member
I am 8 days post op and I feel like I hit a wall. Lots of swelling and soreness and wearing the damn compression vest is worst than the surgery and I got at least 3 weeks to go with it. Also any tips on how to cope with the mind games and impatience with such an early rush to judgement about the results? I hate to sound so whiny, but I thought I might look and feel a little better at this point.Thanks to this forum for letting me vent. Any feedback would help greatly guys. 

Offline bios702

Just keep trucking on, that's the best advice I can give. I had one day during my second week of recovery where I kinda broke down, then it passed. Don't use what you look like now to judge what your final result will be. Keep looking forward to all the milestones that you have coming up. Being able to return to work, being able go for walks, and finally being able to get the vest off! etc etc.

The first week, week and a half, is the roughest in my opinion. You should be feeling much better soon, less soreness, but the swelling does seem to fluctuate quite a bit so be patient.

Also, try putting a t-shirt on, you might be surprised by how much better you look  :)

One last point, if you've been on pain medication, keep in mind that they have been known to mess with emotions. I felt much more emotionally stable a few days after being pain medication free.

Offline st23

• Posting Member
Thanks for the support and I'll keep the faith. With all of the swelling,it doesn't look significantly better than before the surgery. I had a mild case,but it really doesn't look like much was done as of now. The size of the chest now looks as though the tissue/gland is still there. I'm guessing it's all swelling and the Doc didn't screw up? The contour looks good, however. Does all of this seem normal/par for the course?

hammer

I have gone through a total of 6 surgeries now, gyne is not one of them! Some of the longest recoveries were my knee replacement and back surgeries. As a person with limited abilities after becoming disabled I have learned to entertain myself. It has not been easy, as I was very active, a general contractor, outdoors man, camping, hunting and fishing.

Now the time is right for you to do that research on that thing that you always wanted to look into now that you have the time.

Do you remember the hobby that you always wanted to take up? Maybe Ham radio! if you get your ticket I will give you my call sign and we can meet on the air.

What about those books on the shelf you always planned to read tomorrow, well today is as good as any!

Google any woods that come to mind and see where that leads you.

hope these few ideas get you started!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline st23

• Posting Member
Thanks for the ideas Bob. I need to come up with something because there is nothing ever on tv, and I can't swing a golf club yet. Reading something enjoyable and not obsessing over my soreness,swelling etc sounds like a plan. I just hope I can stick to it. Happy Easter to you and your family.

hammer

HAPPY EASTER to you as well!

Offline Chilll

• Posting Member
dang 8 days after and its still that bad keep getting more and more nervous of getting this surgery... :-\

Offline iconnect

• Posting Member
I just joined Gynecomastia.org, Its been 8 days since my surgery and I'm on the road to recovery. Right now, my only concern is the appearance of Scar tissues :(

Offline gyno.no28

just had my surgery on wednesday... damn so sore.. the perkasets def are keeping me more emotional keep in mind.. i cant wait to have my life back, work , weekends going out... ahhhhh

im on day 3 and it feels like weeks... do i really need to keep the vest on for 6 weeks as told?

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
Ya man, just take it day by day! Thats all you can do, you'll feel better eventually. Look forward to all the good times you'll soon be having!

As for the compression. Every doctor varies what they tell you, presumably with the techniques they use, so best to listen to him! But I only wore mine for 2 weeks, 24/7. Then I was free to wear it whenever I wanted, but it wasn't needed. I wore it at night mainly.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024