Author Topic: $car tissue going after 6 months post-op?  (Read 3060 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
WONDERING what the chances are of me seeing any further dissipation of internal scar tissue underneath my nips from here on in, without getting any cortisone shots or any other external/surgical intervention ??

Im almost 7 months post-op now, so Im just getting desperate to know if the scar tissue I have will reduce any further , even slightly, on its own in the coming months? Or is this as good as it gets at approx. 7 months p.o ??

ps : if anyone has any practical easy-to-do manual techniques for breaking down/ reducing 7 month old scar tissue , I'm all ears.
... and the saga continues

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
im having my second shot tommorw, will let u knw how it goes.
the first shot kind of worked, but made the scar tissue mroe apparent, maybe cos it broke it down, now i can see exactly where it is.  im hoping the 2nd shot will destruct it.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
forgive my ignorance, but exactly what do you mean by "scar tissue"? i just had my operation last wednesday. have had 2 follow-ups since then (still got my stitches in) and the doc hasn't said anything other than that everything looks good so far. is scar tissue something that builds up below the skin where your gyne used to be and you can feel it? or is this something you can actually see--like around the incision? i'm missing something. i guess i don't know what people mean by scar tissue.  thanks for any info.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
scar tissue can build up after surgery.  u normally realise it after 5-6 weeks post op when everything settles down.
it is underneath the skin, and u can normally feel it in lumps.  the skin tissue underneath forms it as the skin below heals from surgery.
massaging can help to a very small degree.  but sometimes scar tissue doesnt go away from massaging and can alter the results.  hence why i got shots to help get rid of mine.
got the 2nd one today,  he just didnt it slightly in a few places which i marked up for him.  surgeon didnt want to give no more after this. and said 2 is enough.

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
uk2000, can you tell me more about cortizone shots? is it just a simple in/out procedure? let us know how the second batch goes for ya.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
yea its in and out, doesnt hurt at all.  the skin can swell up a little, but takes about 2 weeks to see any difference.  3 shots is the max u can ever have.  cortosine shots help break up hard scar tissue, it dissolves it.
not all docs like giving it.

mine was really hard, but although the shots havent made a major difference, they have made a significant one.  but i am taking into fact that my scar tissue was as hard as a rock

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024