Author Topic: Some Questions - Surgery Yesterday  (Read 2747 times)

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
I had surgery 2 years ago, with little success (one of those damn doctors insisting that lipo is sufficient for removing gland).

This time, even though surgery is for free in Norway, I decided to get it done in a private clinic (about $3500). So here I am, one day post-op, with some questions to ask you.

- Did both lipo and excision, and lipo was only 150cc each side. Does this seem too little?

- I took a look under my bandage, and my old fiends were still there. This could be due to swelling, right?

- My doc insisted on leaving some gland under my nipples to avoid a "donut effect" (said so in the journal, probably referring to inversion). This scared me off a bit, as I fear them getting puffy with a vengeance. Isn't usually fat left behind for this purpose?

All in all I'm pleased with the experience, and the doc (who is a lady) seemed to be very knowledgeable. Funny thing, she mentioned that my gyno was almost exclusively glandular, while the doc in my previous surgery didn't BELIEVE I had glandular tissue. "I'm the surgeon here - not you -  I know what I'm doing, and I make the decisions around here!".

Anyway, would be pleased if you answered my questions. Thanks in advance.   :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:37:34 AM by ovuca »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
my PSleft some behind my, but supposedly notenough to popo my nips out again.  I was aprehensive, but he toldme that it was easier to go back and take the small remaining piece out than inject just enough fat to stop them frominverting or shriveling.  I told myself I would ask him to tak it all out, but decided to give his way at try.  8 days PO, so the jury is still out.

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
Ugh.. I tried touching my breasts-no-more and it made this burbly bubbly sound.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
lol i have fun with that =/ It's the swelling and is why they puff out again after surgery. I'm told it'll go away within first two weeks. Just roll your fingers over nipple and its like when you jump after drinking tons of water =/

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
my PSleft some behind my, but supposedly notenough to popo my nips out again.  I was aprehensive, but he toldme that it was easier to go back and take the small remaining piece out than inject just enough fat to stop them frominverting or shriveling.  I told myself I would ask him to tak it all out, but decided to give his way at try.  8 days PO, so the jury is still out.

Do you know how much gland your PS left behind? Mine left 0,5 cm.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024