Author Topic: Removing MARKER after surgery ???  (Read 4271 times)

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
I'm finally able to take a shower today and am wondering how to get rid of the marker lines on my chest?  There's dotted lines where the surgeon cut/lipoed, and I'm wondering whats the best way to get rid of these without aggravating the areas since I still have stitches and bruising.

Thanks

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
who cares about the marks worry about them in a week

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
my friends want to go to the beach in a couple days and for the first time since i was a little kid, i'll be taking my shirt off.

Offline NoMoGyno

• Posting Member
Hmm..personally id be more self conscious of the bruises, scabs, and steri strips than the marker, but to each his own..

try using an alcohol prep pad to gently rub the marker off.  thats what my PS used when he had to 'erase' some of the markings he made on my chest and it seemed to work quite well.

Offline bbopman200

• Posting Member
You've waited forever for this. Don't rush and ruin it. You can wait just a little longer.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hmm..personally id be more self conscious of the bruises, scabs, and steri strips than the marker, but to each his own..

Really dude, how are you gonna explain all that, plus the redness at the areola where the incisions were made? Everyone on the beach will be thinking... 'WTF is up with this dude'!

Do not take your shirt off in the sun so quick! Not Smart to do right away while healing.

Good point dude! The sun's UV light rays can be detrimental to the healing process of fresh incisions. I highly recommend staying out of the sun for at least 3 months. Even then, use a 30+ sunblock at the incision areas.

GB
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:50:52 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
THANKS!  I figured I'd be okay because stitches come out Wed and you can barely notice the bruising and swelling. 

I almost just wore a tank top, but I guess even that wouldn't be very smart with the sun.  I didn't even consider the healing aspect of it.  I was just excited to be able to act "normal."

Thanks again everybody.

Maybe next summer

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I almost just wore a tank top, but I guess even that wouldn't be very smart with the sun.  I didn't even consider the healing aspect of it.  I was just excited to be able to act "normal." Maybe next summer.

A tank/muscle shirt should be okay to wear at the beach dude. Just don't let the incision area get exposed to UV light rays.

Yeah, next summer will be here before you know it...  ;)

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I dunno about that dude... Personally, I wouldn't want to risk it ...   :-X

GB

Offline outertrial

If you want to whip it off to get that feeling, I don't see what damage 5-10 min in the sun could do, just make sure you have the sunscreen on.

The problem is that the scar tissue has no way of producing melatonin so cant protect itself from harmful UV rays. If you do go in the sun you should put full factor sun cream on.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024