Author Topic: Hormones in our food  (Read 4408 times)

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
I was thinking about it and there are tons of hormones used to make the animals raised for food grow alot faster, and there is some speculation that the reason why girls are going through puberty alot faster now is because of that, I wonder if maybe that is a cause for gyno in a lot of men...what you guys think?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline to-be-or-not-to-be

• Posting Member
Another reason why girls reach puberty faster is due to the stuff they are exposed to on tv.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My mother was married at age of 12, My brother was born when she was 13. I was her third child and I was born before she turned 20.  I have the distinction of being the last member of my family born at home, In Los Angeles, in 1937. Like many of you, I had Gynecomastia by the age of 12- - - in 1949. All this before the use of growth hormones etc.

Who says today's girls are developing faster or that Gynecomastia is more common now? Neither is true.

Find something else to worry about, You're barking up the wrong tree.
Grandpa Dan

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
My mother was married at age of 12, My brother was born when she was 13. I was her third child and I was born before she turned 20.  I have the distinction of being the last member of my family born at home, In Los Angeles, in 1937. Like many of you, I had Gynecomastia by the age of 12- - - in 1949. All this before the use of growth hormones etc.

Who says today's girls are developing faster or that Gynecomastia is more common now? Neither is true.

I mean I didnt even know I was barking, just curious to see if anyone had any input from a medical standpoint; im not concerned at all, just curious especially since I happen to be a vegetarian anyways.

And P.S  Cant tell if you were trying to be disrespectful, but it came off that way. It would be appreciated if you could respond with dignity and respect to other people's post, especially since we all are here for the same traumatizing condition of gynecomastia and have concerns, questions and are all reaching out for help and support by fellow victims.

oh and P.P.S the Bristol University's Institute of Child Health says girls are hitting puberty faster. So yes, one is true which I found out as I did a little research (took 5 minutes), but could not find anything about gynecomastia being more common.

"One in six girls show early signs of puberty by the time they are eight-years-old, researchers have found.
This compares to one in 100 girls a generation ago, the Observer newspaper reported.

The research carried out at Bristol University's Institute of Child Health tracked the development of 14,000 children from birth as part of their "Children of the Nineties" study.

It also found that one in 14 eight-year-old boys had pubic hair, an early indicator of puberty, compared with one in 150 boys of their father's generation.

The research showed that, from a sample of 630 girls, one in six had started to show early signs of puberty by the time they were eight"

An article from B.B.C

Offline outertrial

Did you have surgery paaw paaw; if so when abouts?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No disrespect was meant to anyone in my previous post. It is known that onset of puberty is a bit earlier that in previous generations. People are also growing taller and living much longer. The best part is that we are also generally enjoying better health into our old age than in previous generations. Better nutrition is one of the factors in these things. Even so, I remain unconvinced that growth hormones in the feed of livestock is a significant factor.

As far as surgery, It must be kept in mind that the modern surgical technics used (such as liposuction) have been around for a short time (just over 20 years) meaning that I ws 50 years old by that time. Having dealt with the issue of Gynecomastia that long I simply had different priorities at that time in my life. No, I have not had surgery but, I think that I would have if todays methods of surgery had been available when I was much younger.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
toxins leaching out of the plastic our food is stored/cooked in do have estrogenic effects in the body...

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/may/18-the-dirty-truth-about-plastic

Offline outertrial

Pretty much everythings bad for you it seems. It would help if the industries that made them werent allowed to lie about the negative effects of their products.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024