Author Topic: No feeling in my nipples?  (Read 5181 times)

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Got surgery on saturday, just an excision on both nipples to take out some of the gland, no lipo. I remember someone saying that you will lose feeling sometimes but for how long? I just lifted up my wrap thing and touched one of my nipples but couldnt really feel anything. Anyone got a rough estimate when I will get the feeling back? Thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The return of sensation is extremely variable and s-l-o-w.  Not unusual for it to take weeks to many months.  There is nothing that you or your surgeon can do to make the process proceed faster.  Just wait and be patient!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Why is this a bad thing?

Does any guy ever seriously be like "damn, I wish my nipples were more sensitive". lol.

its not numb in a bad way, its just I cant feel them at all.

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
I got my surgery this january (7th) and as Dr. Jacobs said, the sensation is slowly returning. Right now I have this almost "basic" feeling in it. I can feel pain, hot/cold (but slowly, almost as if there is some "lag" between the application and sensation). However texture and really fine things (like hair, fingerprint ridges, light touching) cannot be felt. Its close to the feeling in the heel of my foot (minus tickling), like there is a callous ontop of it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Loss of sensation (at least temporarily) is a fact of life.

A few years back, there was a guy who wanted to have surgery but who enjoyed the erotic feelings his nipples produced. He ultimately decided against surgery.

It takes all kinds------
Grandpa Dan

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
  • No more gyne since 28/03/09
hey there mate, i just had my op 10 days ago and at first i couldnt feel anything. just preasure kind of and now slowly it is starting to come back. personally i dont think its bad at all as there is no pain nore over sensitivity. Dont worry as it will come back with time, just remember that it has to heal and settle properly again.

Good luck with everything and keep us updated

Banobo

Your right it does take all kinds but i have to admit that made me laugh  :D

Over the past few days my nipples have become like tiny little pyramids  and they are so erect and sensitive at the mo, i'd take the no feeling over this. Give it time nick it's early days and i'm sure things will return to normal man.

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
I have a lot of feeling in them now but their really sensitive. Id rather not feel them at all.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Looks like there will be no kinky clothespeg bedroom games for you :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024