Author Topic: What is your height?  (Read 8196 times)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Ok, a few members that have been around have mentioned that this seems to happen to tall men.  So if you want, post your height.  Also lets throw in there whether or not anyone in your immediate family had it.  Just for curiosity purposes, ok?  I'll start.

6'2"

My dad had it, my uncle and my grandpa.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:19:00 AM by gabbyhey »

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
6'. No other family members have had it.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I'm 6'3". 

You may not consider this "immediate family", but I recently found out that my grandfather on my mother's side had it.  I never knew because I never saw him without a shirt and undershirt of some kind hiding it.  My mom said that when she was growing up he got quite a bit of kidding from my grandmother about it. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:30:44 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah Mr. Nip, my grandpa on my mom's side has it too.  If we had an expert on genetics around here that would help.  I've heard that the medical history on your mother's side has more to do with what you will experience than your father's side.  but then again, that's just what I've heard.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
im 6 '1 and no one i know has it.

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
6'2" here. All sisters for siblings. No males in family have it that I know.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah Mr. Nip, my grandpa on my mom's side has it too.

Ditto! I'm sure my Mom's Dad had it also! He died when my Mom was 17, so I never knew my Granddad. However, I've seen a few pics of him and it sure looks like he may have had Gyne. He was a big man, heavy set with a pear shaped body. His facial features are very much like mine. I should ask my Mom how tall her Dad was...

Oh yeah, I'm 6' BTW....

Also, how many of us were 'Late Bloomers'? Putting on height very rapidly near the end of the puberty stage....

GB
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 11:21:11 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
6'1.  might try to find the link for the past thread on this one, think it was interesting. 

of course what you really want to do then in the interest of science is compare it to the us mean. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
I am 6'4"  and i  have it

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, I went back a couple of months to find the thread and then my eyes started bugging out from reading too much.  If anyone else has an idea when it was posted feel free to slap it on here.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member

Offline unknownrandom

• Posting Member

Offline Hypo-is-here

How many people who are not 6ft or over will reply though?

The question is to a selective group and being a leading one, it becomes even more selectively bias.  What does the information tell anyone?

I don’t think this can be useful beyond an interesting conversation.

Of course just to be awkward I answered and am not 6ft, just to be one of the exceptions that proves the rule  ;D

My gynecomastia was not a result of hereditary/a genetic issue, but ill health causing hypogonadism post puberty.

Interestingly enough men with hypogonadism pre puberty often end up very tall due to the lack of androgen action and resulting absence of epiphyseal closure of the joints.

That said the idea of hypogonadism being hereditary is a bit of a contradiction in terms (for the most part), because hypogonadism is commonly associated with a lack of fertility, so that would kind of take it out of the gene pool and make it something highly unlikely to be inherited. 

It is possible that one of two of you might have hypogonadism pre puberty, or have had partial androgen deficiency pre puberty and resulting excess height due to the above reason.  Of course far more of you will simply be tall and just happen to have gynecomastia.  It is most unlikely for hypogonadism to be inherited, rather it is more likely in those that have it pre puberty, for it to have stemmed from a genetic error.

I guess it is possible that there might be a tendency for men who have low normal androgen levels to be statistically taller than men with higher androgen levels?

I am not aware of any studies on the matter.  I don’t suppose it is something that has concerned the medical fraternity, given it would be expensive, time consuming, of dubious worth and possibly raise questions of ethics.

Two interesting questions might be;

How many of you are double jointed in your knees?

Something that occurs more frequently in eunuchoidism.

And how many have an excessively long arm span as well as long legs and have a lower body segment longer than their upper body segment?

Again something seen in eunuchoidism.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Man Hypo-is-here, you should be a doctor or something.  All of your posts read like they came out of the encyclopedia.  It's a good thing!  Thanks for your input.  Yes, we should ask everyone's height, not just if you are 6 foot or not.  Good point. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Man Hypo-is-here, you should be a doctor or something.

To all gyne.com members....Hypo is not a real doctor, he only plays one on the internet.   ;D

;D ;D ;D

Hypo...  don't get upset again dude. I mean no harm....   :P

GB
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:44:33 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024