Author Topic: Surgery with Levick - 24/1/13 - Hematoma  (Read 17690 times)

Offline 3rdTimeLucky (Dave)

• Bronze Member
As you can see, things have improved. Though the left side is still a little swollen.
Both nipples are 'asleep' and still numb, reluctant to pop out.
Anyone know how long that takes to resolve?

Also noticed that string-like streaks under the lower part of my chest are pretty painful so I continue to lightly stretch them out.

I've yet to do any exercise and probably won't start until all the tenderness/pain settles completely.

• Bronze Member
week 5

Left side still swollen, still sore and a bit tight. Nipple numb and asleep on that side, feels and looks really weird. Armpit wounds are quite big but will hopefully fade.
Going to have to keep wearing the vest for another few weeks, also using an elastic strap for extra compression. Bought more Bromelain tablets too.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Looking good mate.

If you haven't already I'd invest in some bio oil. £20 for a big bottle at boots (might be cheaper elsewhere idk) but that stuff is really good and lasts ages even with regular use. A good massage makes a big difference.

How's the tenderness?

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member

Offline trashed

• Posting Member
Looks great,  you should be very happy :) .

• Bronze Member
sjwsjw - I've got some bio oil, but I massage with that Mens Cocao Butter moisturiser for the only reason being is that my skin was dry. I've been using the bio oil for the armpit scars [which look more noticable in real life] and they seem to be fading out.

Still quite sore, left side is probably 25% more swollen than the left which is completely flat, not quite as tight as it initially was but the nipple is 'awake', just wishing the left one would return to normal already!!
For the time being I'm applying more pressure with an elasticated strap that comes with the Hot/Cold Pack from MyProtein.com, the reason being is that the vest doesn't offer as much compression as it first did.

Little bit worried my left nipple won't go back to normal so going ask Levick about it this week...

So to summarise, still sore on both sides, more so on the one I had a hematoma on, still feel like I need compression at this stage, when I go for a few hours without the vest it feels odd. Coming up to 6 Weeks post-op, will upload some more pics to track progress.

Hope this serves as a helpful guide or insight for someone. ;)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I think the vests get to a point where they feel more comfortable so it feels less tight. How much longer you with the vest?

I know what you mean about the dry skin. I had about two weeks of insane dry skin. It was pealing off like I was badly sunburnt (gross). I was a little concerned for a while about it tbh. I think it was the combo of the oil and the restricting of the vest not letting the skin breathe.

I'm sure your nipple will 'iron out'. Mine stayed creased for a while. After a couple of months I found I spent less time looking at my chest so closely and my nipples have improved basically to normal and I'm about 14 weeks post op.

• Bronze Member
Think I'm going to wear it for another 3 weeks and use the elastic strap from when I got to bed till midday. It's got to the stage where it feels weird not wearing the vest, I've had that before but the swelling resided quicker as the previous ops didn't remove barely anything.

My skin hasn't shedded! Though I've still got a mark from peeling off the dressing which really wasn't nice.

Weird that the nipples do that, did you get any sensation back? Mine are numb!
Also when did you ditch the vest?

Cheers for the reply, and also to McGilli. (y)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024