Author Topic: Gland or Fat?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
How will i know if i am having juss fat on my chest or do i have some gland ???
**Surgery done @ Appollo chennai**
Surgeon : Dr K Ramachandran

Surgery exp : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15201.0
Pics : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15513.0
**Pretty happy with the results...**
"All you need is to be mentally strong with enough financial support...get them off"

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Before puberty, our breasts are the same as the girls. When the hormones start to flow and puberty begins, our breasts sometimes start to grow then stop. Often, that small amount of growth shrinks back - But not always. Sometimes we have enlarged breasts simply because the breast area is a normal place for fat deposits even in men.

Rarely would the case be entirely all glandular or all fat. Usually it would be a bed of fatty tissue with threads of glandular tissue running through it.

Generally the glandular tissue is firm and fibrous, but sometimes it can feel soft like fat.

Generally the fatty tissue is soft, but sometimes it can feel firm and fibrous like gland.

The only way to know for sure is to check with the surgeon after the procedure is done.

Ultimately, the emotional impact is the same. The way to get rid of it is the same. So who really cares?
Grandpa Dan

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
Thnx for the reply paw_paw.

so u mean to say it doesnt matter if its gland or fat.....but the surgeon will take car of it....??

no spcl care if its gland??

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

so u mean to say it doesnt matter if its gland or fat.....but the surgeon will take car of it....??

Correct.

Offline MSJ108

gland is sometimes removed with incision
Fat removed with lipo

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
hey sasidon, u would know whether u have gynecomastia or not. ..
some of the questions u have to ask yourself:
when u noticed this.. ? if it showed up during puberty stage and it never disappeared, then this is gyne..
It's important to know whether u have it or not.. if it is real gyne, u would wanted to find out if there is a underlying medical problem..
i guess there are also tests to find out if u have glandular tissue or not (mammogram, ultrasonic breast scan)

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
Mine was fat only.  I remember my cousin commenting about it when I was only 6 or 7.  When I lost weight  as a teenager it did not go away.  So when I went to the surgeon, he said it seemed to fit the fat only scenario but he would not know until he performed surgery.  The point is that even a well-known surgeon can't tell until the operation is performed. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024