Author Topic: Male/Female  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Bone011

• Posting Member
This Maybe Stupid Question To Some But Not For Me.

If You Take  Male Vitamins Then Switch To Female Vitamins Does That Mess Up Your Hormonal Balance ? 

Plus Taking Trekindi, Lamictal 50mg & 200mg, Bravaict & Folic Acid Does Thoes Medication Along With Vitamins Mess Up Hormonal Balance? 

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
There aren't male or female vitamins.  Just different amounts, to address common deficiencies.

No, different vitamins shouldn't cause hormonal issues (at least not in the sense that would be discussed here).  And just for the record, vitamin supplements shouldn't be taken "just because".  If you have a proper diet (and enough exposure to sunlight) then you're not supposed to need them, and many vitamins can actually be toxic if you have too much in your system.  So only take them if you have a legitimate need for them.

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
My dad was a physician and he maintained that as long as you have a well-balanced diet, vitamins are redundant. If you don't have a deficiency, they pass right through your system. This idea of male or female vitamins is more of a marketing ploy than anything else. According to my dad. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024