Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Bermant (12/2/2010)  (Read 5064 times)

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
Topic moved from: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21982.0

So, surgery is over and I'm back home as of last night. I have to say, I don't really have too much bruising at all, but I am a little sore. My range of motion is pretty lacking, but it's definitely manageable. For sure, the worst part about this is sleeping on my back, although I'm slowly working in some side action and will hopefully be able to sleep on my side in the next couple of days. The second worst part was traveling. I went at this alone because the gf couldn't take the time off work since the week before she went back home for Thanksgiving, so it was a pain in the ass considering there are no direct flights from Denver to Richmond.

Here are some pre-op photos:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:34:34 PM by 303MattS4 »

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
And some pictures of my glands:

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
And 1 day post-op (notice the minimal bruising):
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:38:54 PM by 303MattS4 »

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
I can't say enough about the professionalism of Dr. Bermant and his staff. Everybody there made this process as smooth as it could possibly be and I'm grateful to all of them for everything they have done. If anybody has any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to post!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:22:42 AM by 303MattS4 »

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
Things have been progressing surprisingly well. I'm still a little tender especially around the side of the chest and there is some light bruising, but all in all, this has been a walk in the park. I started sleeping on my side a few nights ago, so that definitely helps things out. I have a phone consult Monday morning to remove the dressings covering my nipples so I'm getting anxious to finally see my chest. I'll post some pics after Monday.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Glad to hear things are going well for you, with no complications so far.  Will be anxious to see your pics.

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
I'm officially 2 weeks post op today. Almost all discomfort is nonexistent, aside from some tightness if stretching my arms too much and some minimal swelling on the side of my chest. I removed the bandages on Monday and I can't express how pleased I was to see the contour of my chest. My problem was puffy nipples and that problem has been taken care of. It's so gratifying to look down and see nipples that huge the contour of my chest instead of creating their own contour on the top of my pecs.

Anyways, I took a few minutes to take the compression vest off and took some 2 weeks pics:

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
And some close ups of the nipples. They are a little hard right now and I think they may still be crusted over with a little bit of blood and/or iodine or whatever it is they use during surgery to clean/prep the area to be operated on. Not too worried about it. BTW, it sucks not being able to work out. I feel like a total slob, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
Looks fantastic... was any lipo done? If you where to stick your arms straight out and flex your chest how does it look?

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
Thanks Rocky. Yeah, he performed both lipo and excision. The chest looks good flexed and resting. I'll post some more pics next Thursday and include a shot of my chest flexed.

Cheers!

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Looks great, man.  Another quality job from Dr. B.  Congratulations!

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
Thanks Raider. I am pretty stoked about how it's looking, and I only expect it to get better as I continue to heal!

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Looking good, Matt.  I see you also have the Hanukkah steri-strips.  The forced laziness is a drag for sure, but once you're back into your workouts for a few weeks you'll feel like a champ.

(Except I let a dumbbell fall on my right nipple in my second workout back...that was awfully painful!)

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
Definitely have a smörgåsbord of steri-strips on right now, but I get to remove them toward the end of next week. Did you have to remove yours, or did you wait until they just fell off?

Regarding the dumbbell; that doesn't sound like much fun, so I will keep that in mind when I get back to the gym!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024