Author Topic: Good surgeons in Ottawa area?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline GyneOrBust

Hi,

I've known I had Gynecomastia since I was about 14 years old, and had no way of getting it dealt with due to my err.. situation. I gained a lot of weight throughout my teen years and in August 2008, I decided I'm getting it dealt with. I went from 250 LBs on August 1st, 2008, to 188.5 LBs today. My goal is 175 LBs before scheduling any meetings with a PS.

I moved to Ontario very recently (under 3 months ago) and would like to at least put all the information I'll need into a folder.

-Good PS' in Ottawa region. Fielding is Toronto, no? He may be a possibility, but I'd like to see some others if possible, due to travel. I live just outside Ottawa, maybe 25 minute drive.

-Average cost for MBR? I would most likely try to find a PS that is willing to take monthly payments rather than take out a loan to get it dealt with

-I hear Ontario Health Plan is very good with MBR... does anyone know how one would go about seeing if they're covered by OHP versus say... Newfoundland Health Plan? Do I have to be living in Ontario for a certain amount of time before I classify for Ontario Health, or am I automatically eligible?

any other information would be great. I would ideally like to get it done Sometime in May or June, and be able to enjoy some of the summer months. I have noticed that due to my weight loss, my chest is now not proportionate to my body type so I'm driven to getting it 'taken care of'. I wear Underworks 997's and they do great, but when a chest is bigger than it should, it is pretty obvious to anyone, and it's quite the self confidence deflator. I guess the one good thing is that while I'm 5'10 188 lbs now, I still notice quite a bit of excess weight on my body that I will still have to melt away, so I'm still a far distance off from my goal of being in the best shape of my adult life.

Offline GyneOrBust

And I do work in Ontario, and I do pay Ontario taxes on my pay cheques. They actually take quite a lot, nearly 1/6th my pay check in Ontario versus maybe 1/10th my pay check in my old province.

Offline GyneOrBust

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on loosing the weight dude...  It's not an easy task for most people.

Try a Google search on OHIP or Ontario Ministry of Health. I'm sure you can find some info... If not, look for a general inquiry phone number or email address...

Plastic surgeons don't deal in the credit business. Most PS's have one or two credit companies that they make available to the patient for discrete personal loans. Make sure that the interest rate is not too high though.

Best of luck!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024