Author Topic: surgery complete!  (Read 3433 times)

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
hey guys,

just had my surgery, everything went well. chest is a little sore but just wanted to thank everyone for their support, information, and advice.

hopefully i will be able to post pictures soon. but if anyone has any questions please ask. id love to help others in need since i was once in your position (if you havnt had surgery yet).

:)

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Congrats - and posting already !

Having mine in 4 weeks.

Did you have general or twilight thing? How was it?

What kind of procedure - the holes or the under the nipple cut.

How long did the procedure last?

Do you have drains?

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Awesome man..My day is nearing, March 8th. Glad to hear all went well, I am getting nervous as shit! lol

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
Congrats - and posting already !

Having mine in 4 weeks.

Did you have general or twilight thing? How was it?

What kind of procedure - the holes or the under the nipple cut.

How long did the procedure last?

Do you have drains?

lol yes posting already!

I was put to sleep once i was laid down on the operating table and woke up in recovery, it was awesome, wouldn't have had it any other way.

my doctor did the half circle nipple cut thing with the gland excision and lipo

procedure took about an hour and a half and luckily i didn't need drains.

very excited to see the end result in the next couple months!  ;D

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
Awesome man..My day is nearing, March 8th. Glad to hear all went well, I am getting nervous as shit! lol

crossfit!

good to hear from you again, i was nervous up until i got the IV put in, after that it was smooth sailing lol.

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member

crossfit!

good to hear from you again, i was nervous up until i got the IV put in, after that it was smooth sailing lol.
[/quote]

lol, sounds about right! Lucky about the drains, my doc does them for everyone from my understanding. They have their ups and downs, but i'd be much happier leaving surgery without them, thats for sure!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Congrats!  Feels nice to finally have it done doesn't it.  The nervousness leading up to the day od surgery is pretty hard to take, but once it's all done, it seems to have all been for nothing doesn't it?  I'm just over 6 weeks post op, and compression vest free!!  It's a wonderful feeling to wear a simple t-shirt with confidence.  Good luck with your healing, I hope everything goes well  ;D
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
Congrats!  Feels nice to finally have it done doesn't it.  The nervousness leading up to the day od surgery is pretty hard to take, but once it's all done, it seems to have all been for nothing doesn't it?  I'm just over 6 weeks post op, and compression vest free!!  It's a wonderful feeling to wear a simple t-shirt with confidence.  Good luck with your healing, I hope everything goes well  ;D

thanks shaknbak!

the nerves deff got to me yesterday and last night, couldn't fall asleep and when i did i woke up at 6am and couldn't go back to sleep lol. so glad its over with though. very relieved!

the only downfall is the vest seems to be a bit tight just below my armpits, ill probably cut a half inch to relieve some pressure. is your swelling down a lot since your 6 weeks post op?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
The swelling is a funny thing.  It follows no pattern whatsoever!  Right after surgery, my left side under the armpit was very swollen.  It still is a little, but not nearly as much as it was.  My chest was REALLY flat the day of the surgery, and now has taken more of a natural contour.  It is swelling I'm sure, but to be honest, I kind of like the way it looks right now (looks like I've got pecs, and not boobs!).  I didn't want a board flat chest, that would look too odd on me.  But long story short, yes, my swelling has gone down since the surgery.  The actual breast area is swollen a bit more than it was immediately after surgery, but not painful or uncomfortably so.  My nipples seem to have swollen a bit more though since I stopped wearing the vest.  I've notices they have some scar tissue that has formed just beneath them, which is still a bit tender to the touch.  I brave through it though, and still massage away.  You'll find that the massaging part will be the toughest of anything.  At least it was for me.  I had to start 1 week after surgery, and things were still really tender, bruised and swollen.  It hurt like hell, so I hope it was worth it.  Seems to be.  The left side that was swollen had a very large mass of hard scar tissue beneath the skin, and now it's quite soft.  Still there, but not as pronounced or as hard.  I think the massaging is doing its job!  Let me know if you have any more questions!

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
The swelling is a funny thing.  It follows no pattern whatsoever!  Right after surgery, my left side under the armpit was very swollen.  It still is a little, but not nearly as much as it was.  My chest was REALLY flat the day of the surgery, and now has taken more of a natural contour.  It is swelling I'm sure, but to be honest, I kind of like the way it looks right now (looks like I've got pecs, and not boobs!).  I didn't want a board flat chest, that would look too odd on me.  But long story short, yes, my swelling has gone down since the surgery.  The actual breast area is swollen a bit more than it was immediately after surgery, but not painful or uncomfortably so.  My nipples seem to have swollen a bit more though since I stopped wearing the vest.  I've notices they have some scar tissue that has formed just beneath them, which is still a bit tender to the touch.  I brave through it though, and still massage away.  You'll find that the massaging part will be the toughest of anything.  At least it was for me.  I had to start 1 week after surgery, and things were still really tender, bruised and swollen.  It hurt like hell, so I hope it was worth it.  Seems to be.  The left side that was swollen had a very large mass of hard scar tissue beneath the skin, and now it's quite soft.  Still there, but not as pronounced or as hard.  I think the massaging is doing its job!  Let me know if you have any more questions!

thanks bro i appreciate all the info! ill get back to you if i have any questions for sure.

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
hey guys,

my doc was nice enough to send me my pre op photos as well as what was excised from the surgery. normally my nipples are much more puffy (office was cold lol). hopefully ill be able to get some of those put up as well as my results as of now. (5 days post op)

Offline myman237

• Posting Member
lol the tissue looks like chicken nuggets or something.

congrats

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024