Author Topic: Sports bras  (Read 8330 times)

Offline koyo

• Posting Member
During the time I do intense yard work like riding on a mower on very bumpy ground I use a sports bra and this helps things from bouncing around. This bouncing can really hurt after awhile  :'(

I wear a Hanes Sport bra and this seems to do the trick. It's a 42 size that is for A-B-C cup sizes. I have a very supporting wife on this issue (she is DD) and she mentioned in passing this works for her. I told her my problem and she let me try the Hanes. It really works and is great for outdoor work!

The most important part of this is that you have an understanding support network (my wife) during these problems.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
congrats on the double D wife :)

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
lol, I think you missed the point of the post.

Offline crissycon

hello there,i read ur post and was very interested,i hope u don't mind but I'm actually writting this on behalf of my dad.He has breast cancer and is now receiving hormone treatment,well he's been having the treatment since Oct,07.With this treatment his breasts have grown considerably,he tries 2 hide them by bandaging them up, but he's getting bigger,i think he cud b around a C cup,when i read your post i understood what u were saying and wondered if the sports bra u use is a special 1,or is it  a general womans brand?I'm not sure if he would actually wear a bra,he has mentioned a vest! I wondered if you would know of any shops or company's you could direct me to?Iv seen the vests with a zip or hook and eyes,but hes not that keen plus they look very thick and he also suffers with hot sweats.Can you help me? Or can any1 out there help me.Thank you,Chris. ??

Offline FatM1ke

• Posting Member
I'm also interested as well.
I do cardio exercise a few times a week and I wear very loose t-shirts, and I just find that mine bounce excessively and are really a pain.
Curious what options I have I guess..

Offline bman

• Posting Member
  • i have breasts and am proud of them wear a 38b cup
I'm also interested as well.
I do cardio exercise a few times a week and I wear very loose t-shirts, and I just find that mine bounce excessively and are really a pain.
Curious what options I have I guess..

i have a rather pronounced case of gyno ..not talking a little fleshiness here pendulous breasts that need some support ..a lady friend has started buying me bras mostly soft cups and encourages me to wear them for support ..i was really embarrassed at first. now just another piece of clothing .i feel much more compact and comfortable and to be honest look better .not as floppy and off centered ..some times I'll even wear a tight top or sweater when i visit my friend she kinda likes my new found shape and encourages me to show it off in the private  tired of all the hidding ...is nice just to be me finally breasts and all ..support can be a beautiful thing ..glad i started wearing a bra and have a friend who is so accepting ..it's only underwear ...
i have breasts and i wear a bra ...
friends are like a good bra
supportive and comfortable

pjnIL

I have been always embarrassed of my gynecomastia.  I have been losing weight recently so there is some lose skin and my breasts sag.  I am about a 42-C.  I finally decided just to buy some sports bra.  I figured they do not all look that feminine.  I bought some fruit of the loom sports bras.  The ones shaped more like tank tops or a-shirts.  They were in neutral kind of colors, white, gray, and a light blue (more like a light denim, not baby blue)  I figured if anyone says anything they can get over it.  I would rather wear a sports bra and have my chest supported then let them sag all day.  Besides if you have a moderately severe, ie a b or c cup, case of gyne then when you wear a sports bra it looks more like it is muscular and less feminine.  Also if you actually buy the correct size, then you do not get lines from the bra that are visible through your clothing.  The bras I got were just plain cotton, with some lycra for the support.  I figure a sports bra isn't that weird.  It is not like buying some pink bras with lace.  The sports bras I bought again look similar to a tank top or a-shirt except tighter and it stops right below the breasts.  I really do not understand what the big deal is.  I had been nervous about doing it for a while.  Now it just seems like it really is not a big deal at all.  Besides if anyone says anything they are being pretty silly.  I mean why do women wear bra, because they have breasts.  So a man with breasts should wear a bra.  Of course a man would not want to wear one that accentuates the breast. 

Offline wertman

• Posting Member
I have been always embarrassed of my gynecomastia.  I have been losing weight recently so there is some lose skin and my breasts sag.  I am about a 42-C.  I finally decided just to buy some sports bra.  I figured they do not all look that feminine.  I bought some fruit of the loom sports bras.  The ones shaped more like tank tops or a-shirts.  They were in neutral kind of colors, white, gray, and a light blue (more like a light denim, not baby blue)  I figured if anyone says anything they can get over it.  I would rather wear a sports bra and have my chest supported then let them sag all day.  Besides if you have a moderately severe, ie a b or c cup, case of gyne then when you wear a sports bra it looks more like it is muscular and less feminine.  Also if you actually buy the correct size, then you do not get lines from the bra that are visible through your clothing.  The bras I got were just plain cotton, with some lycra for the support.  I figure a sports bra isn't that weird.  It is not like buying some pink bras with lace.  The sports bras I bought again look similar to a tank top or a-shirt except tighter and it stops right below the breasts.  I really do not understand what the big deal is.  I had been nervous about doing it for a while.  Now it just seems like it really is not a big deal at all.  Besides if anyone says anything they are being pretty silly.  I mean why do women wear bra, because they have breasts.  So a man with breasts should wear a bra.  Of course a man would not want to wear one that accentuates the breast. 

Im about a size B, and I really find it mroe practical to get a sports bra. I jsut dont have the guts to get one in a store, or a credit card for online. How were you able to buy one?

Offline harley87

Hello wertman
pjnIL is right. I too bought Fruit Of The Loom Sport Bras. I'm rather large breasted.  They do flatten your breasts to make them look more muscular than feminine. They are almost undetectable under your clothing. If anything, it looks like your wearing a tank top teeshirt. No one has ever asked what I'm wearing and as far as I know no one has ever noticed. Been wearing them for about 6 mos. now. As for buying them............that was a little more difficult. Went to Wal-Mart. Straight to the sport bras. Found the ones that look like tank tops. Went straight to the self checkout line. Didn't have to deal with a cashier or anyone for that matter. They're cheap. Less than $10.00 for three. Have since gone back and bought 3 more. Buy online if you don't want to go to the store. For me these have really helped. Between my mortgage and saving for my kids college, surgery is out of the question. May not be right for everyone but it works for me.

pjnIL

Well, when I bought them I went to a 24 hr walmart at 1 in the morning.  Also, you might want to try putting two of them on.  One is ok for some things, but I find if you are doing intensive exercising two work well.  I have been losing weight so it might just be that they are getting looser.  Anyways, yeah 1 in the morning.  Also, if the lines show through, it looks like an a-shirt/tank top.  Most bras aren't styled in this way, so they really don't look like a bra.  It looks like if you took a tank top and cut off the bottom.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024