Author Topic: Dr. Robert Turner (Winnipeg, Manitoba)  (Read 2038 times)

Offline darkness7

I finally got it done yesterday after doing some research on who I felt was the best qualified surgeon in Winnipeg (Dr. Robert Turner, BSc, MD, FRCSC). I asked how many he had done and he says about 4 gynecomastia procedures per month. In total he said he had done hundreds of them.

I went for a consult in September and was quoted at $4825 all in. Seems fair for lipo and excision.

Procedure was yesterday at 1:30PM and it was quite quick and nothing to get too anxious over. An hour and a half procedure. The only thing that concerned me is that Dr. Turner seemed to think that there would be no compression vest required post-op. I thought this seemed strange but he also said the compression vest has no bearing on the final results of Gyno surgery.

That one sort of blew me away. He did say it would help keep swelling and fluid building to a minimum and may even provide some extra comfort and mobility, but no effect on end result. I know this is a direct contrast to what many of the Docs say on here.

I ordered the Rainey Compression vest which was local here anyhow for peace of mind.

The benefits described are worth that to me anyway. But I have a follow up in 3 weeks.

Also, no drains were needed and I can resume heavy weightlifting in 4-6 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024