Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op AND post-op pics! (30/06/2012)  (Read 12268 times)

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op AND post-op pics! (30/06/2012)
even more...

Damn7547

mate it looks blooming flat as a pancake congrats! Looks like a great success!  8)

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Agree flat as a pancake and results look awesome!  Well done mate
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:35:11 PM by dexs »

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Thanks guys! But I'm at little concerned about something.

I just changed my dressings after a shower, and whilst the right incision is practically closed already, the left one had a small amount of yellowish discharge (puss?). I applied some savlon antiseptic before re-dressing, do I need to worry about this?!

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Nothing to worry about i'm sure i had this also.  Might be a little infected so good idea to put some antiseptic and fresh dressing.  If it gets worse just give the nurse a call. 

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Hi guys! So now approaching 10 days post op...

Good news: Bruising almost completely gone, and the slight infection of the left incision seems more or less healed. Really is amazing how little the cuts are. He removed a significant amount of breast tissue from such tiny incisions!

Bad news: still seeing some dimpling / indentation, though I know its still early days. Do you guys think building muscle would help? I'm also a little concerned that at this point the vest is compressing everything down / contorting everything and preventing things from filling out.

Also, I think I'm starting to experience some of the famous scar tissue, as it feels strangely hard in some areas around my nipples. Any advice of massage would be good if you dudes have any?

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I can see why you'd be a little concerned. I think your chest will spring back out mate, you're only 10 days. I bet pre op you wouldn't think you'd be worrying about being too flat! :) I think you'd benefit from building your chest up but i wouldn't touch a bench press for a month or so if it was me.

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Guys, something else I've noticed is this redness/blackness right in the centre of my left nipple. I think its been there since day 1 post-op.

I noticed today upon touching it gently that the red/black area feels hard, the texture is similar to that of a scab.

Does that seem strange to you? Damage from the surgery that will heal, or perhaps poor blood supply? pic below...

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
OK guys, slightly freaking out and need somone to tell me I'm being stupid. Could this be necrosis of the nipple? The red part in the below pic is hard and rough feeling.

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
Take it easy man. It is normal for the chest to go through lots of healing stages and you will notice your nipples and chest changing colour and shape the coming 6 months. Just relax and let your body heal in its own time. Looks normal IMO.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
OK guys, slightly freaking out and need somone to tell me I'm being stupid. Could this be necrosis of the nipple? The red part in the below pic is hard and rough feeling.

Looks totally fine. It sounds like you may have been Googling around for symptoms - I've learned that the only thing Google will tell me is that I have cancer, not worth doing (although the NHS site is pretty good)
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
LondonGuy - well done on getting the op done. For a slim guy your condition was pretty severe and you appear to be very flat now so you must be chuffed.

My right nipple scabbed over for some reason too around the 2-3 week mark. The scab fell off and now it is a slightly different colour (lighter) to my other nip. I didn't worry too much and it all seem OK apart from the discolouration which I guess will darken over time.  I think a couple of other guys have mentioned this occurrence so I wouldn't worry too much.

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Thanks for all of your replies guys! This forum is awesome, especially for those just post-surgery.

Approaching 16 days post-op. Its strange, things looking GREAT from some angels, but quite indented from others. (pics below). early days, lots of healing to do, and i've never been especially patient.

I'm starting to feel the scar tissue... its feeling really hard under the skin in some areas, especially on the bottom half of the left nipple just above the incision. I've started gentle massage to try and help this. How does this tend to heal? does the hardness completely dissipate with time? The lumpiness is annoying, though better than gynecomastia!

Also, i've noticed that when I take off the plasters over the incisions, the area underneath (bottom half of the nipple) is pale and then regains colour. Perhaps the plasters combined with the tightness of the vest is causing a little too much restriction on blood supply? Just in case I left the vest off for an hour or so tonight, which made me realise how numb everything still is. When do you think I can stop wearing this vest 24/7? Its been over two weeks but as you can see from my pre-op pics, I had a lot removed!

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
if i was u i would be happy to put on some t shirts without care. It is so early and still looks good so be happy bro. Big difference from before  :)

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
if i was u i would be happy to put on some t shirts without care. It is so early and still looks good so be happy bro. Big difference from before  :)

yeah of course I'm  extremely happy about that, got a whole new wardrobe of clothes I haven't worn in years :D just thought I'd post some of my concerns to keep a record for myself as I heal, and also to get advice from people going through, or who went through, the same thing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024