Author Topic: SURGERY COMPLETE WITH KARIDIS 23/02/13- UPDATED PICS  (Read 13801 times)

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Somebody just posted a good question in the compression garments forum. Have a look - and maybe ask that there. It might be a really good thread for all things swelling if a surgeon looks at it.

link

gynecomastia.org/smf/39/compression-vests-and-bruisingswelling/

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Hi guys... Anyone reccomend an ideal time to return to the gym/ football? I was told by karidis during consultation that returning to sports is fine after 4 weeks ... whats people's take on this... Will the gym or playing football effect the healing process?

Offline shiftend

• Posting Member
I've heard different things from different people. I personally am planning to wait for six weeks and then just build things up slowly. I also have a six week review with Karadis, so will check with him that everything is healing up ok and I'm ok to start training again before I get back into things. Like so many people have said, I/we have suffered with this for so many years, Im not worried about holding back for a few more weeks. Probably just going to start off with some mobility and stretching excercises at home to begin with until I get my full range of movement without any pain.

Offline thetodd

AS long as no-one bumps into you it will be fine, and if they do it will just hurt wont cause any damage. Its more a case of you experiencing discomfort, and having to get changed etc.

Youl get dull pains for ages, its normal dont worry about it. Seeing Karidis is a good idea, i know he comes across as a bit scripted in consultations etc. But in the follow ups he is a good voice of reason, last time i saw him i left a bit pissed off. But on the journey back i started to agree with him, and im pretty stubborn!

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Cheers thetodd...I think your a undercover surgeon, you seem to be a gyn expert and know so much...

Anyway,, it's been 4 weeks and 1 day. Swelling has reduced slightly but it's still very hard and lumpy, my scars still have not disappeared and are visible, all the lypo incisions are like small reddish bumps. I'm still worried about the extra skin and the look, oh and the nipples look deformed and puffy. I try to massage once a day, however i had no time today. Movement is improving and started back to work.. I should have stopped using the vest  3 days ago, however I am going to wear it part time for 1 more week. Booked my post op consultation with karidis in 2/3 weeks, boy has he got some explaining to do. I have not posted a pic, as it looks exactly the same as the pics on page 4....so

Am I glad to be rid of my moobs? YES
Am I  happy with the work of my PS? Hmmm time will tell- i hope so
Am I happy with how my chest looks now? To be honest no

BEFORE VS NOW

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:48:55 PM by sp »

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
6 weeks post op

Not much to add from last update really. Movement has improved. I've started playing sports as my chest is a lot more comfertable. I'm still massaging once a day for 10/20mins with the bio oil. My nipples still look slightly deformed and are puffy in places with a crease on each. I still have some skin wrinkling on left side between armpit and pec, really hope this is not excess skin.  The swelling has reduced and incisions have healed nicely. Still no nipple sensation and loads of scar tissue.  Errrrrr cannot think of anything else.

Offline thetodd

Your nipples will settle, the before and after pics are really quite telling your nips are about half the size they were before maybe even less.

Seeing Karidis will make you feel better, even if your a bit pissed off at first trust me he's different in the checkups hes straight talking but hes good. I wouldnt worry about the armpit man, its really hard to show you but i had it to some degree here's me like a month post op i think

If you look at the left hand side there is some swelling where my armpit area meets although i was kinda concealing it for the pic i can assure you it was there. And on my right hand side i was more swelled up

this is me now, no skin around armpit or under my left side. And my right hand side isnt swelled up anymore.

I will take some better pics just to show you, but recovery takes ages i mean im 4 years post op now and it seems like yesterday i was under the knife. I wasnt comfortable in all honestly untill late 2010 which would of been a year and a half after so just take it easy dont worry to much it gets better.

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Cheers thetodd... You've not been wrong about many things so far, so I trust your judgement.  However it is very frustrating seeing yours and others pictures of how great there chest looks 1/2 months in, and then look at mine and be like "this looks awful" I mean I look like I have had surgery.. I'm due to see Karidis in the 29th April so hopefully he will be able to tell Me whats going on. I still feel like there is still swelling and some of my chest is very hard, and it still has the same creasing and deformed look, HOWEVER, I will rather have deformed nipples than my old moobs back any day.  Well I will be 7 weeks in tomorrow, time really does fly.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:57:34 PM by sp »

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I'm 5 months post op and it's only now my nipples look like they are slowing going back to a normal shape. I had a crease in both of them. Keep up the massaging and i'm sure you'll be fine.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Hiya mate congrats on having the surgery. I wouldn't be concerned about those creases on your nipples, no incisions where made there so im guessing they are being created by swelling and scar tissue. Just wear your vest for longer and use bio oil to help your skin shrink. You have had a lot removed imo your quite a chubby guy, did you try to lose weight before the surgery? If I was your size I would not have the surgery done until I lost weight because better results are almost always likely. The way I would see it is ive had gyno for 10 years, whats another say 3 months to lose a bit of chub before I then go in for surgery.

https://forum.gynecomastia.org/Themes/Gaming-Nation/images/post/xx.gif
Booked for surgery - Surgery complete - PICS ATTATCHED... updated pics!!

Started by mart on Europe

176 Replies
Last post: September 20, 2014, 06:48:59 AM
by
Dave92
Surgery Dr. Karidis 31/01/13 Complete- Diary and Pics - DAY 1 to DAY 32 PICS

Started by theITguy on U.K.

47 Replies
Last post: August 25, 2014, 07:15:13 AM
by
Greenblue
My Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! with pics! (11/08/2012)

Started by gangs1975 on U.K.

16 Replies
Last post: August 16, 2012, 03:49:37 PM
by gangs1975
Surgery complete with Dr. Karidis on 15/05/14 before and after good pics :)

Started by 1234james on U.K.

14 Replies
Last post: August 17, 2014, 01:12:43 PM
by
bagels
Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op AND post-op pics! (30/06/2012)

Started by LondonGuy on U.K.

46 Replies
Last post: August 03, 2012, 04:31:00 PM
by
kingboob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024