Author Topic: Mumbai Surgery- Lipo V/s Excision? HELP!  (Read 4917 times)

Offline bloody_hell

hey guys, I live in mumbai, and i have just gotten back from a consultation with a surgeon.
This is actually the 3rd person ive spoken to.
And i am really confused.

My main question is that if you have to remove breast tissue (a considerable amount compared to just fat) then WHATS THE PROCEDURE ?

Some docs r suggesting lipo (only lipo, there's no cavity created, no considerable fluid build up, no incision, post surgery gotta wear a compression garment)

Other docs r sayin they'll make an incision, cut the tissue out completely, no lipo (unless needed), fluid build up, stay in the hospital for a few days, then drain out the fluids, no compression garments etc....

Ppl some guidance, expertise plz...Whose right ?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:25:19 PM by bloody_hell »
cheers

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi Bloody Hell:

Good that you have found atleast 3 doctor in Mumbai. I am from India but now in Canada for last 10 years. That time there was no talk and I have suffered with Gyne for last 20 years. But just had surgery 3 days ago.

Well, regards to your question, I think best choice is lipo + incision. That way they can remove the tissues. Lipo can only remove fat but not the gland tissue. So may be after Lipo you will still feel lumps under your breast. Incision opration is no big deal. I had it 3 days ago and feel ok. No pain. Here in Canada, they let you go on the same day but in India they make you stay for few days. That mean it is nothing to worry about. I think that's the way Indian hospital works. But it's good for you as that way no one can notice you for a while and when you are out of hospital, you are almost normal.

If you don't mind, can you let me know who the doctor is and which hospital? How much charge? One of the guy from Africa was looking for surgery in India and that can be helpful to him.

Keep us posted. And wish you all the best.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 09:56:56 AM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
  • Going ahead on path of bare chest dream!
Hi Life,

I have several basic questions, though I have gone through some of the posts over these posts:

- Does Incision, Lipo and medicines post surgery have any effect on reproductive organs or hormones? Like whether there will be any problems in becoming father?

- I dont want to show world that I have been operated though I am willing to take leave of a week. I read somewhere in this forum that som plaster has to be worn. In that case it will be clearly visible.  

- I work for IT industry, will I be able to resume after a week?  

- What is the better option? Dr. Manoj Khanna, Parasi Doc or Dr. Narendra Pandya? May be I might travel onsite somewhere at UK / US. Which is better place to get operated in three: UK / US or India?  

Please throw some focus. I just have started to fulfil my dream as I dint have money initially. May be within a year or so I want to get rid of it, though right now it is a part of my body... unwanted.  

Thanks and please reply....
Thanks,
Say "No" to Gyne

Surgery Date: 11th October 2007
Lipo + Excision
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. K. Ramachandran, Apollo, Chennai, India
Surgery Exp:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12088.0.html
Pre & Post Op photos:
http://www.clickfriends.com/anothersufferer/gallery329

Offline desi

• Gold Member
dont go for lipo only! it does not solve the problem.. go for docs that suggest excision + lipo.. i have had an unsuccdessful surgery with lipo only and im really unhappy.. GO FOR EXCISION!! Take out the f*c*in gland!! and throw it in the transh can! :)
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hey bloody_hell,

can u pls let us know the name of the docs who suggested you go for excision. this could be a starting point for all the new comers on the board.

thx!

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
Bloody hell, please tell me which doctor you are using as well, and cost

Offline gyne28

• Posting Member
Hi,

I am 28 years old from Mumbai, India. I have gynecomastia since i was 12. Recently on 8th Nov 2011 i had visited a plastic surgeon Dr. Sandeep Jain who is known gynecomatia doctor. After checkup he told me that he perform excision, liposuction & skin tightening on me. He told that my gland size is big enough & my weight is not constant so skin tightening is must. But i am pretty doubtfull on skin tightening as this required on very severe cases & i think mine is not so severe.Might be he may be correct in order to avoid carter deformation or any skin loosening effect in future.

My details:
Weight: 68 kg (+/- 3-4 kg quick weight fluctuations)
Height: 5.8 ft
Skin type: Loose & soft than normal man skin

I have attached my recent pics.

Please have a look & let me know the best Surgeons & best surgery procedure to be performed on me.

Regards,
SA

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024