Author Topic: Concealing your bra on a hot summer day  (Read 7746 times)

Jason13820

Any tips for wearing bras in the heat of summer when you don't want to layer a bunch of clothes? Usually I wear two t-shirts under a collared shirt to work, but it's been too hot lately so I've just gone braless and put up with the discomfort.

hammer

I am doing what you are, going without because I was getting really uncomfortable from the heat and I just wear a t or button down but never as much as you say you do. I have had big breast so long that I guess I can handle going without when I need to, but I do wear a bra when it isn't so darn hot as I am more comfortable in one then without.

One either needs to not worry about what others think, or go without in the heat! As I said I never wear any more then 1T or a button down and no one has ever said anything and I have double "D"s. I think a button down will serve best for concealment, at least that is what my wife tells me.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Being barely a B, I only wore a bra for support when hiking etc. These were activities where I was either alone of in the company of a few select friends. Real friends do not tease so it was not an issue.

Funny how gynecomastia help sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak when it came to friends.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
A loose short sleeve button up works pretty well if you office allows short sleeves.

The other thing is the style of the bra. There are bras that are much lighter and thinner. You may want one or two of those for the really hot days. However, I find them to be a tad more uncomfortable over a long day and/or not as supportive/protective for a long day. It is, however, better than suffering completely without.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Color can be a dead give away. The best concealment would come fom a garment that matches your own natural skin color as nearly as possible.

Offline TigerPaws

I have found that white is pretty universal as is nude, black can work depending on what you are wearing and of course the time of day. Style is also very important which again depends of the time of day and what you are planning to wear and what activities you are doing.

While flying I prefer a compression sports bra, when air gets rough the bouncing breast can be an unwanted distraction. While out for an evening a light microfiber, cotton or the occasional smooth "T" Shirt bra works well.

As with so many things in life, "it all depends".

hammer

And you do know TigerPaws, there is something to be said about "DEPENDS"! There damn handy when you need them. HA, HA,

Offline TigerPaws

And you do know TigerPaws, there is something to be said about "DEPENDS"! There damn handy when you need them. HA, HA,

Your showing your age hammer.... :o

hammer

What do you mean age?

During top secrete black ops they are used as there is no time to stop and releive yourself!

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I find a black bra in the T-shirt style best for concealment under both button-down shirts as well as knit golf shirts.  Someone may notice my manboobs but the bra is not apparent.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I had to google "Depends" to see what you were talking abouts. But then I'm only 75. When I get old I may find out more about such things.

hammer

Ha, ha, Paa_Paw, you is funny!

Jason13820

Thanks for the tips guys. I've found that a beige or nude bra with the lightest padding possible is really the only way to go. Fortunately fall is just around the corner so I can start wearing some of my other bras.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have a convertible bra that I flip the straps on and the adjusters bumps are much harder to see, crossed straps or not, it does really well at being not seen under my polo shirts.

Sometimes if it more apparent I wear a compression shirt over the bra under my shirt.  At that point I don't care if anything else shows thru.  If anyone has seen it, not a sole has ever said it or acted like they knew. 

There is only so much one can do, if big enough it will always show.  But I have looked and honestly you have seen people with gyne, would you go up to them and say anything if you saw them wearing a bra?  Didn't think so, me either.....

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I just found a Curvation 5304454 bra on a clearance rack for $3 (most stores sell for $15 on sale) that is almost invisible even in a tshirt.  The adjusters show a little, but amazingly the band is almost invisible even if bending over where I could expect it to be seen more.  It is a minimizer, smallest size is 38C or 38D, I found a 40C, but most Curvation sizes are 40D and up.  I never saw a C cup Curvation.  It is well made and very comfortable.  And minimizer is good. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024