Author Topic: cooler temps, more concealing bras  (Read 1549 times)

Orb

It's officially fall.  It feels like it with cooler temps.  I don't know about the rest of you but  I'm happy.
with it comes, for me, a time where I feel I can wear a T shirt bra and not sweat through it.  Thin is nice
and comfortable, but the sudden blast of cold air or the freezer section was a problem. 
  I'm okay with it all. making adjustments as its a later in life learning curve for me, but... I like fall!

Online curiousk

• Silver Member
Definitely time to break out the padded bras.  Temperature changes can become obvious 

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
Nothing like Fall to bring out the flannel shirts and similar bra concealing garments, particularly as the summer heat wanes!

I recently tried on a women's flannel shirt by Eddie Bauer to see if the cut concealed or revealed. I’m a fan of shirts with two breast pockets, which this shirt had, and upon close examination saw darts in the bust line under the arms - hidden by the dark plaid colors. The fabric was especially soft, and the XL size a perfect fit, so I made the purchase!  I was surprised at the outcome of this first time venture.

Orb

I got up just grab a thin minimizer and started the day.  I feel like I'm going to poke a hole in the thing.
Curiousk, its time we bust out the thicker bras. 
  I also like a good flannel shirt with two breast pockets.  Thanks for the advice on Eddie Bauer woman's
shirts.  If they have discrete darts I might like that.  So many shirts look like tents when not tucked in.
  After this morning again I will certainly rethink my wardrobe and bra choice.

Offline taxmapper

I have felt the joy of icy cold on the nipps and realize why women get so touchy about them. 

Padded all the way!  

For me its due to being active in various ways.  The old way of just moving on when I slam into a tree or slide off a rock or such and ignoring it is over. 

The padding prevents the nipps from getting tugged on.   

the cooler weather has started to affect me more than ever and the pain can be intense! 

Offline Johndoe1

Time for the padded bras.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member

I also like a good flannel shirt with two breast pockets.  Thanks for the advice on Eddie Bauer woman's shirts.  If they have discrete darts I might like that.  So many shirts look like tents when not tucked in.
This was new territory for me in outer garments. I typically wear larger mens shirts to help hide, but they look baggy and generally too big, with fabric all bunched up at the waistline tuck in point. The darts take in a bit of fabric at the bust resulting in a trimmer look at the waistline.

I will have to keep my eyes open for other women's shirts of similar design, and not too feminine!  Recommendations?

Offline Johndoe1

If you are in the US, check Torrid. Last winter they had several tops that were not too feminine in appearance that worked quite well. You might check Lane Bryant too.

Busted (and happy)

Just back tracking to the OP, in warm weather I very quickly found that underwired bras are much less "sweaty" than having an elasticated band under the boobs. 
You may not like fabric to be too feminine but all lace (non stretchy) bras with underwire are a revelation in their comparative coolness. 

Orb

I get it!

I just returned form a weekend away with a few, 10 friends, that went camping at a small lake. we ate like kings, kayaked a few rivers near by , golfed and had a ball for a few days.  I have to admit I did like the fact that i could layer and hide my chest. 
    Why is it so hard to admit we have growth?  They know me and don't judge.  Or shouldn't.  However ???.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024