Author Topic: i really need help guys  (Read 1926 times)

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
hey guys!
          i have this problem ever since i was 14 and now im 17...im kinda fat(stomach comes out a little)...life has been hell...untill i had moobs life was pretty gud....i even had gf..and she dumped me when my moobs developed...ppl thot i was weird....couldnt enjoy at the beach or go for swims...now ive been going to the gym for 2-3 weeks...so can someone please suggesr excercises or is surgery my only option

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Surgery is a last resort.

Best to look honestly at your own body and your lifestyle.  If you do not exercise or if you eat too much (or eat the wrong type of foods), it is far better to change those things now.  Try to get into the best shape you can -- and then, if your boobs still bother you, you could consider surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:58:51 PM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
thanks a lot sir!...if at all they disappear naturally by what age do they generally disappear?...and what exercises should i do now to reduce them....

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
From what I know, and im not a doctor, if you have had them and they have been stable for two or more years, they wont go away, and you are a candidate for surgery. The idea of surgery is a much bigger deal than actually going through with the surgery. Dont over think it. If you dont like it there is a way to fix it and move on with your life. But being in shape will make you an overall happier person.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Correct, usually gyne that has persisted for two or more years will not disappear spontaneously.  However, if you really diet and exercise, your body will be re-proportioned, with less fat and much healthier.  Your moobs may shrink a little or a lot -- but they may never go away completely.

But diet and exercise should be your first step.  Give it at least six months -- and then take another assessment of your progress.  If your body is now slimmer but the moobs persist and they still bother you, then surgery may be an option.

Dr Jacobs

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
oh...many people have told me that they appear because of puberty and disappear after the age of 18...is this is true..then its good because surgery is really expensive...

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
I never had moobs, but I had some extremely puffy nips. They showed up during puberty...and never went away. I am now 26, and one week post op. If money is an issue talk to your parents, i know it seems hard but take it from me, don't hold it inside and hide it away for a number of years. I told my mom about the surgery a day before i went in, and she wondered why I never asked her about it when I was growing up, she would have taken care of it for me!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024