Author Topic: New To The Forum  (Read 2366 times)

Offline turtletom

Hi,

I have just been accepted for surgery and decided to join this forum to talk to people who have experienced the same.  This is something I have always wanted, however I must admit, I am a bit scared when the day finally comes to going under!

Thanks

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
We've all been in your shoes before turtle, and we're here to help!  I found all of the information, guidance and advice most helpful leading up to my surgery.  It is really nice to be able to read up on others experiences before your own so you get a good sense of what to expect before, during and after.  Welcome to the forum!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
Welcome, Turtle! You won't regret your decision to have the surgery and this is a great place to get support and advice to help you on your new journey!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Good luck on your surgery.

Yes, the prospect of surgery can be daunting and perhaps a bit frightening.  Nothing that anyone can do will make that fear disappear entirely.  However, knowledge is power and can make the experience less frightening.  For instance, speak often to your surgeon and/or his staff.  Ask lots of questions -- they should be more than willing to help out.  Then, the experience may be like driving down a familiar road -- less nerve wracking.

A bit of nervousness prior to surgery is completely normal -- but do not let it become overwhelming.  As I tell my patients -- "it's OK to be nervous -- but I am not nervous."

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024