Author Topic: Gyne & ring finger length  (Read 8530 times)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hypo,
interesting.  there was another thread that seems to show that many but not all the adults on this site were fairly tall - 6' or so.  Now assuming they're not exaggerating their height it's odd that as a total, non scientific generalization of a non consistent, very small sample, the height of a guy with gyne (at least the admitted height of a few guys on this site) is above average but thingy size (from the above post) could be below average. I suppose there's no medically necessary reason for there to be any studies of the relationship between height, thingy size and gyne, but I just thought that was interesting.

Offline hypo

There are very definite connections that exist between height and very low levels of testosterone as exhibited in Klinefelters and Kallmans syndromes.

Hypogonadism is manifested differently in males before and after the onset of puberty. If onset is in prepubertal males and testosterone replacement is not instituted, the individual may have eunuchoidism, which includes sparse body hair, poor development of skeletal muscles, and delay in epiphyseal closure resulting in long arms and legs.

Long legs often results in increased height so that the individual is tall but usually within the normal range of height.

But the above is when we are talking about very low levels of testosterone.  Whether low normal testosterone levels would lead to any increase in height is something I have no knowledge of.  

Of course none of this means just because you are tall therefore.. xyz…..as that would be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 02:23:19 PM by hypo »

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
Sort of, 1

ARe you saying that There is a connection between Finger Size and ManBooB Size? I Truly Don't Believe that the Study that you Researched is valid.

Now On the other Hand (pun intended), Do Obesity Levels Affect androgen Levels at All? Research that please. Woo WOOO!

Why am i Capitalizing some Words and not Others? Research that Too!!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 05:04:20 PM by Bubby_the_Tour_G »
Fatal Flying Guillotine providing free surgery for people with Gynecomastia, just ask Dr. Ti Tu Fat

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
weird.  non-severe case, and i never noticed this, but longer index right and shorter left ???  hey, maybe i am a freak ;)  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 07:35:11 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline hypo

Bubby_the_Tour_G,

The is a very definite correlation between these finger measurements and testosterone levels in utero and likely testosterone levels as a man ages.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4314209.stm

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/10/21/nfing21.xml

http://www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1998/08/20/nfer20.html

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-03/uoa-flp030205.php

Lowered testosterone levels in men can mean that their androgen to estrogen balance/ratio is low and this can in turn effect the statistical likelihood of developing gynecomastia and affect the likeliness of it resolving or not.

This is very vallid.

9 times out of 10 when I have looked at the pathology results of someone that has gynecomastia that hasn't abused steroids- they have low normal or abnormal testosterone level.  

Gynecomastia doesn't seem to develop that often in men with medium to high normal testosterone levels.  

At least that is what I have found viewing pathology results.

Just to clarify any ambiguity.  gynecomastia occurs in 90% of males, but I am refering to those men whose gynecomastia does not resolve after puberty.

Although vallid the limitations of all this are;

If testosterone deficiency occurs post puberty which it can for a myriad of reasons, then finger length will having nothing to do with testosterone levels as that will have already been decided earlier in life.

So it is quite easy for a man to have low levels of testosterone, have hypogonadism and have fingers lengths that suggest high testosterone levels.

Also high estradiol levels alone can cause gynecomastia and this has no impact of finger length as far as I know, certainly it doesn't if this develops again later in life as seen in poor clearance of estogens or metabolic hypogonadism.

Furthermore any drug prescribed or otherwise that causes gynecomastia of course has no baring on these measurments.

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
Ok, no more capital letters.

Great, but how does finger length have anything to do with androgen levels at all? i mean, you ain't less of a man if you've got stubby fingers and a big ol' dirty thingy. Now male thingy size would make a difference!

I was wondering also, does finger size hormone level problems affect chicks too?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 09:04:26 AM by Bubby_the_Tour_G »

Offline hypo

Finger measurements often correlate to androgen levels and androgen levels do have at least a loose correlation to thingy size.

If a mans index finger is much longer than his ring finger there is a greater likelihood he will have a small thingy as opposed to a large one, as he will not have been exposed to a significant surge of androgens in the womb.  Conversely if a man has a ring finger much longer than his index finger, he is likely to have been exposed to a high surge of androgens in the womb and more likely to have a large thingy.

That is the basic premise.  

Test it out for your self, look at your fingers and then look at your thingy.

You can say for yourself if there is a correlation at least in your own case.

You can take the above seriously or as a joke.

The whole thing is of course far too generalized given that there are other factors that come into the equation, but it is a factor in these things.

My ring finger is quite a bit longer than my index finger.

If I went off the finger measurements as though the information was foolproof I would have high testosterone and a big thingy.  

But I have low testosterone post puberty thanks to chemotherapy at 17 and an average length thingy............so none of the information relating to these measurements was of use to me.

Finger measurements correlation to androgen levels are interesting but probably best left to the researchers as opposed to some kind of bizarre finger measurement self diagnosis.

P.S

Dam looking like I had a good testosterone level at puberty why couldn’t my thingy have been huuuge instead of average ;D

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
Same here, does this mean that I'm gonna grow a bigger male thingy later on? Because i've got boobz! ???

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
My ring finger is bigger on both hands but I lucked out on the hormone surge. I've got other problems- I can't grow a proper beard, its very strong on my chin but nothing on the side of my face. I can't get muscles- I do 3-4 two sessions in the gym but no real bulk or definition. I tend to put weight on easily and I would say my sex drive is low.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
See, i'm just the opposite.  I add strength and put on muscle very easy but it's really hard to get any real definition at all.  

My sex drive is through the roof, almost compulsive. I think i'm compulsive eater and sex addict. Neither are healthy.

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
I have gyne pretty bad....my ring fingers on both hands are longer than my index fingers

So my answer is NO
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

Offline hypo

Which goes to show the complexities of the endocrine system and genetics.

Very interesting though this is, it is better left to those researching the subject.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
my ring finger on both hands is a little longer...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ring fingers on both hands are longer than index fingers.  But I did endure a very long and slow puberty.  In my 30's I finally turned from a boy embarassed by sex to the horniest guy in town.  It makes no sense, problems like that are not supposed to resolve on their own.  But mine did. I'm not complaining.

Way up the line, someone mentioned the relationship of height to Gyne.  This may be a valid relationship because the hormones have a profound effect on the closing of the epiphyses.  At the age of 48, I had the bone age of 17 with epiphyses not closed.  In that condition, I should have grown taller than average.  The truth is that I am 5'10".  Again, it defies conventional wisdom.

Lets face it, we are all different.

Statistics is a funny game.  Numbers do not lie,  Yet liars use numbers.  Figure that one out.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024