Author Topic: What Is It About Wearing A Brassiere That You Like?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

I've mentioned before that I don't wear a brassiere every day.  In fact, I can take many weeks living my life without putting on a brassiere.  Granted, I don't deal with back pain or sensitive nipples, so I don't feel I need to wear a brassiere for comfort.  But, then, what am I doing on this website talking with other men about breasts and brassieres?  I'm aware, of course, that participants come and go.  We've had a number of men who were regulars to this conversation abandon their accounts.  I wonder what that is all about?  I can guess that there is some ambivalence about investing time on this subject.  I note that once again this board has become very slow.  Perhaps there is nothing here to talk about.  Of course, I know for myself that participating on the acceptance side of this website has been critical to finding peace with my body just as it is... with breasts that have grown larger over the last few years.

But if I don't NEED to wear a brassiere, why did I put one on this morning?  What is it about wearing a brassiere that leads me to taking one out of the drawer and putting it on?  As I've gone about my morning I've been aware of how the band wrapping around my chest applies gentle pressure.  It almost feels like I'm being hugged but the hugging doesn't stop... it continues.  There is a light pressure on my shoulders from the straps from the band at the back to the tops of each brassiere cup.  Folks know I generally wear a minimizing underwire brassiere with full, unlined cups that beautifully shape my breasts.  No doubt they are mesmerizing to look at AND the soft material feels like a gentle caress.  It is amazing to run my fingers along the edges of each cup and along the curved plastic at the bottom.  These are MY breasts.

I know men who wear a brassiere every day forget about their breasts.  I can understand how that might feel like a relief.  But, as I've said before, wearing a brassiere leads me to think about my breasts.  I guess I put on a brassiere from time to time simply because I WANT to think about the breasts filling each cup.  The band, the shoulder straps, the cups all remind me that I have REAL breasts.  I like to be reminded of that from time to time.  I know that is not a typical response, but so be it.  This is what acceptance looks like to me... 8)  How is it for you?  What do you like about wearing a brassiere?

Offline blad

To start, what I don't like about not wearing a bra; the background continuous irritation of unsupported breasts moving about and collecting boob sweat. Even just sitting in front of the computer braless is irritating as the boobs just seem to get in the way and are not held in place.

The physical benefits of wearing a bra correct the above issues and is a significant part of embracing wearing a bra daily. It is just more comfortable wearing one and I forget about my breasts more than if braless.

But also, embracing that I am best served by wearing a bra has been a form of acceptance and has helped me greatly to be satisfied that I have breasts. I became much more accepting of the situation once I discovered how well I fit and looked in a bra.

So I like wearing a bra very much as it is a fusion of function, personal satisfaction, a feeling of uniqueness, and even pleasure.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

The question of why I wear a bra everyday has crossed my mind from time to time as well. As someone who is "endowed" I went through years of uncontrolled jiggling and bouncing and the pain that can come with the uncontrolled movement of several pounds of flesh and tissue along with boob sweat and the unwanted showing of my harden nipples, which happens frequently to this day. I have come to learn that what I have experienced is common among women who are my size and why the women who are the closest to me and know about my chest seem to have an understanding and a "comradery" with me on that. They all have said they couldn't understand how I went years not supported and contained.

So I guess the simple answer is I like it. Of course that answer doesn't really convey any useful information. As 42C has stated, the pressure around the chest along with the pressure over the shoulders with the straps is a reminder to me that my chest is under control and my mind can be at peace that my chest is not "misbehaving". A common feeling among women as well I have discovered. It has been described by many women that a bra feels like "armor" that not only supports and contains but gives a sense of "protection" in the way armor does. It is a layer designed and worn for the breasts that also, unintentionally, to some, gives the illusion of "protection" to the breasts. Unbeknownst to me before, I too also have felt this way. It also allows me to shape and present my bust in the manner I wish from deemphasizing them or emphasizing them depending on mood. I feel I have total control over my bust when wearing a bra. As a woman friend told me one time, "With a bra, I don't feel like my boobs are flopping all over the place as I move around." I concur with her.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 04:02:44 PM by Johndoe1 »
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Rats the post disappeared

The golf balls in the armpits are not annoying once encased

The seat belt is less of a problem

The bumpy road is not concerning to me tender nipples

The nipples are protected as they are tender I am still slowly growing and may have to abandon the XL HD sports bras

I like the armor analogy as I feel like there are fewer eyes on me,  which I notice at the gym
Regards, Bob

Offline Johndoe1

The nipples are protected as they are tender I am still slowly growing and may have to abandon the XL HD sports bras
Please know there is no shame in an underwire bra. All I wear. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I'll second John's comment.  An underwire brassiere will put everything in its place... including the mass at the outside of our rib cage.  Men tend to have breasts that sit wide on our chest.  The underwire frame brings that mass together.  Below are two photos that show what happens when wide set breasts are pulled together by an underwire brassiere.  The bottom photo is sans brassiere... the top with a brassiere that is a minimizer.  It isn't designed to show off my breasts but to compress and contain them.

Offline Johndoe1

An underwire brassiere will put everything in its place... including the mass at the outside of our rib cage.  Men tend to have breasts that sit wide on our chest.  The underwire frame brings that mass together.
And it is quite a difference in appearance between the two as well. The underwire makes your chest look so much better.

I have to wear side support bras to contain my "side boob", yeah it is really a thing. My last bra fitting (with a new fitter) I told the fitter I needed bras with side support. She kinda laughed, and went to the back and the first bra I tried, she looked at it and said that I did indeed need side support with all the tissue spilling over the side under my pits and the bra she brought and the others weren't going to work and she took them all back and brought a fresh group that did keep all the tissue in the cups. It is amazing how comfortable a bra can be when it is correctly sized.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I wear a bra primarily to keep neck and back pain at bay. 

Now since I "need" a bra, I also select bras that provide sexy shaping and support. I really want the girls to look cute under my outfits. 

I really don't care what the bra itself looks like since medical professionals are the only ones that see it. I just want good shape and projection under my blouses. 

Now different outfit require different bras, and I find a strapless to be invaluable with tank tops. 

I guess if I had a S.O. at home I would have some sexier bras in the collection as well. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline 42CSurprise!

To add to the comments John has made I thought I'd check a recent brassiere purchase to see how it is handling the side of my breast.  In fact, this brassiere, my most recent purchase, is advertised for pushing breasts up.  In fact, it pushed them toward the center of my chest with a band inside the cups running the outer edge.  This is what it looks like... a photo I took a few moments ago.  I'd said I wasn't certain about this brassiere, but the more I wear it the happier I am.  How did THIS happen?  ::)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 12:40:57 PM by 42CSurprise! »

Offline Johndoe1

To add to the comments John has made I thought I'd check a recent brassiere purchase to see how it is handling the side of my breast.  In fact, this brassiere, my most recent purchase, is advertised for pushing breasts up.  In fact, it pushed them toward the center of my chest with a band inside the cups running the outer edge.  This is what it looks like... a photo I took a few moments ago.  I'd said I wasn't certainly about this brassiere, but the more I wear it the happier I am.  How did THIS happen?  ::)
Every bra I wear now has some kind of sling(s) inside the cup, or band on the cup or stitching on the cup to keep the girls in the correct position. Even my tee shirt bras have some kind of additional support within the cup. And to be honest, I am glad they do.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I appreciate the freedom you give yourself JaG... no doubt a mark of the acceptance you've come to.  What are we supposed to do when we're given breasts?  I say we take care of them and enjoy them however we wish... which is what you're doing.  Significant other or not, our breasts are worth appreciating and enjoying...

Offline 42CSurprise!

To add to the comments John has made I thought I'd check a recent brassiere purchase to see how it is handling the side of my breast.  In fact, this brassiere, my most recent purchase, is advertised for pushing breasts up.  In fact, it pushed them toward the center of my chest with a band inside the cups running the outer edge.  This is what it looks like... a photo I took a few moments ago.  I'd said I wasn't certainly about this brassiere, but the more I wear it the happier I am.  How did THIS happen?  ::)
Every bra I wear now has some kind of sling(s) inside the cup, or band on the cup or stitching on the cup to keep the girls in the correct position. Even my tee shirt bras have some kind of additional support within the cup. And to be honest, I am glad they do.
I think I need to pay closer attention to that in the future... though I'm still more than happy with the Lilyette minimzer I wear.  The soft material of the cups have enough tension in them that they do a fine job of making my breasts presentable... though who I'm presenting them to apart from men here is an open question... :o

Offline Johndoe1

I think I need to pay closer attention to that in the future... though I'm still more than happy with the Lilyette minimzer I wear.  The soft material of the cups have enough tension in them that they do a fine job of making my breasts presentable... though who I'm presenting them to apart from men here is an open question... :o
Sometimes it's just personal satisfaction and self accomplishment. And there is nothing wrong with that. You got to look out for number one first. I wear a bra for me. Period. Beyond that, its my business only! :D

Offline taxmapper

Again, this lends to the idea that projected breasts may catch some attention, typically become ignored because the programmed 'shape" is so common that it it typically ignored when packaged well. 

Where as flip flopping around is usually unattractive for both sexes especially older. 

Unlike a young nubile female who hard curves, women who creep up in years are just trying to keep them in place. 
So with men, it may get ignored if round. 
Pointed grabs attention. 

Offline Johndoe1

Again, this lends to the idea that projected breasts may catch some attention, typically become ignored because the programmed 'shape" is so common that it it typically ignored when packaged well.

Where as flip flopping around is usually unattractive for both sexes especially older.

Unlike a young nubile female who hard curves, women who creep up in years are just trying to keep them in place.
So with men, it may get ignored if round.
Pointed grabs attention.
From my own experience, I got way more looks before I started wearing a bra than after I started. So I believe your theory has merit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024