Author Topic: Surgery booked - natural to have second thoughts?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
So I 've been suffering with this condition for years, but I've always had severe issues with obesity. I've only recently been able to get down to a good weight for the first time in years and have decided to book surgery. Thing is  I've been working out a lot recently and have lost a lot of bodyfat and my breasts have improved, for the first time in years I went out today wearing nothing but a shirt and I felt great. I'm now asking myself do I really need surgery? What if I can just save £5k and lose them with weight loss. Is it really gynecomastia? The surgeon said there was gland, but then he has an agenda to say that right? All these doubts are floating around my head.

I am far from happy with my breasts and even when I was younger was thinner but had prominent breasts (maybe It was just fat then too??) and with most clothes I wouldn't dream going out without a tight vest under them, only a baggy checkered shirt seems to be good at concealing the shape. It's just that relatively , they're so so much better than they were and I guess that's what's potentially blinding me perhaps. I'm definitely within 10-15% of my ideal bodyweight but could possibly lose a good 20lbs bodyfat (I'm 6'2 and 230lbs).

I'm pretty sure I will go through with surgery but just have some demons, and I  guess I just want some outsider perspective here.

I would appreciate pure, honest advice. Recent pic on left, pic from 3.5 years ago on the right.

Offline Stevew87

• Bronze Member
I have the exact same ones. It bothers me every day but I still have doubts... mainly due to it costing me £4.5k... i hate the feeling of wasting money so if it went bad/didn't change much i would feel shit.
Where are you getting the operation done? You had £ so I assume your also in the UK.

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
In london, and going with Karidis. To be honest, I'm definitely going through with surgery. It's just that it's a big decision and it's natural to have the hypothetical if and buts going through your head. Truth is, my breasts are way too prominent for my size so I'm going to bite the bullet. 

Offline Stevew87

• Bronze Member
Kardis costs 5k? I thought he like 6k... hes not replying to my emails which sucks... ive contacted him 2-3 times.

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
I booked the initial consultation through chloe@karidis.Co.uk and the op is actually £5.5k which in the grand scheme of things isn't much to drastically improve my life quality (hopefully). I have about 12k atm and can also save £700 a month for the next 7 months. The plan was to go travelling this July and use the money to see the world.. but I decided to postpone as I'd rather go travelling a bit later (next jan) with a bit less and a flat chest then go with the money and be miserable terrified to take my shirt off, wearing vests all the time in hot climate to compress the gyno, being super conscious about my chest etc. It's a no brainer really as you can see from my picside gyno has long since plagued my life. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024