Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 962 times)

Offline MidAgeMoobs

I finally took the time to write a proper introduction.  I’ve been a member and reader for some time, but always felt awkward about posting/chiming in without introducing myself first or sharing my story.  The content here has been helpful and encouraging, and I hope to return the favor.

I am married, 50s, with two young adult kids, and while I’ve never really been able to build trim, bulky muscle despite weight training, I am tall and have broad shoulders.  For most of my life, my breasts have been more moob shaped (horizontal oval and wide set) than boob (circular or teardrop), but not droopy.  There is a fair amount of firm tissue; I had a mammogram and ultrasound more than a year ago and it confirmed gynecomastia which I had long suspected.  It has slowly grown since late teens, increasing with GERD, BP meds and especially with prostrate meds the past 5 years.  Being a stocky guy, and still moobish, it’s in plain view but even today I don’t get second looks, even at the pool (although I am self conscious about showing noticeably, I  may need to wear a swim shirt if growth continues).

10 years ago I considered surgery but my wife thought it was unnecessary, and still does.  My testosterone has been on the low side of normal but my Dr doesn’t want to add T because it would aggravate my prostrate issues; everything else in the normal range.  As I became more comfortable with myself realizing its not uncommon, and unable to attain/stay trim (close many times), I now simply accept and appreciate it.  

I now wear a bra or some type of compression ~65% of the time. Through trial and error, I was surprised to find I am a 38DD if the bra is more elastic, 40D if is less so, in an underwire.  I have tried a 40DD, but I don’t quite fill it. I now generally wear an XL/XXL pullover sports bra at home or when out and about, and men’s compression tanks for work - and dark colored or patterned non-slim-fit shirts or dress shirts and none seems to be the wiser.  My wife is OK with sports bras, but not sure about underwires which have much more projection.  That said, I’ve been trying them and I can generally wear an underwire with a dark button up shirt without getting noticed, even by my family (I do so in situations where hugs are unlikely).

I look forward to actively participating.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Welcome.  It sounds like your taking life/your development, in a good and healthy way.  There is no shame in that.  As you have read, your not alone. 

Glad your here.  This is a place where we share, learn and encourage.  Don't be shy.

Offline Johndoe1

Welcome MAM! As someone who also is a DD size cup and wears an underwire bra everyday, I can tell you, you can make it work. We are glad to add you to our ranks!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Welcome aboard, M_A_M! Just to prove that everyone is different, I do NOT have DD boobs! What we do have in common though is prostate issues and a testosterone level which is on the low side of normal. 

I'm fully aware that testosterone is my enemy. I'm happy to remain on active surveillance for my recurrence at this stage, but I know that one day I will have to eradicate my testosterone entirely. I expect to experience some serious breast growth then.

I hope you're well. If you want to reach out via PM to talk about prostate stuff and compare notes, go right ahead. If not, that's fine too. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Welcome aboard MAM!

DDD's here and an underwired always (including my swimsuit). 🩱

Plenty of people to compare notes with here, do enjoy the site. 💞
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline MidAgeMoobs

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!   I’ll post more background, including my thoughts on medications like finasteride, probably under Your Stories, in the next week (still writing it).

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Welcome! I don’t post much but check in weekly to see what’s up.
Glad you’ve decided to join in the conversation. 

Offline gotgyne

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  I’ll post more background, including my thoughts on medications like finasteride, probably under Your Stories, in the next week (still writing it).
Welcome to the forum! I'm especially curious about your experience with finasteride, since I took it myself.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Greetings from PNW 

Always happy to have a growing community 
Regards, Bob

Offline Dmajman

• Posting Member
Welcome to the club! I’ve learned a lot here and there are plenty of us guys that have boobs! 😊

Offline 42CSurprise!

It is true that underwire brassieres pull the entirety of our breasts together, creating a lovely shape.  I prefer unlined cups which minimize the appearance of my breasts.  I think it is the shaping added to cups which makes them more prominent.  Glad you found this website.  The is the club NONE of us wanted to join but in reality we're glad we found it since being a man with breasts that benefit from a well designed brassiere isn't easy to do alone.  Here you find me who understand the experience.  Finding acceptance becomes much easier when we meet other men who have been able to do so...  Welcome.

Offline gotgyne

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that MidAgeMoobs doesn't comment anymore. His experience with finasteride would be of great interest for me. I already wrote in this thread that I took it myself. I stopped it since I got severe problems.

Offline Midagemoobs2

• Posting Member
Hi all, apologies for my absence.  I updated the email associated with my handle, however, the activation email shows sent but never arrives so I couldn’t post.  So after many, many tries over time, I finally gave up and created this new handle.

So, per Gotgyne’s question, I’ll post on Finasteride (assuming no issues with this login) under Your Stories.  I’m still drafting it as there are many nuances, but I think valuable to share.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
No apology needed,  Glad your back and well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024