Author Topic: Revision Surgery next week. Question for Dr Bermant, or anyone  (Read 4742 times)

Offline jsbaz

• Posting Member
I had Lipo only on my chest last year and it didn't work.  I am scheduled for revision surgery next week, this time Excision and Lipo.  My PS told me that the incision would be at the base of my pec rather than the Aeriola.  He says he will have better access to the gland from this location.  I have only seen incisions under the nipple on this website and I just wanted to make sure that this sounds OK.

I am extremely excited to get this revision surgery over with, and I am praying that this time it works.  This gyne is just driving me crazy!

Please advise.  Thanks
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:50:26 AM by cleanup »

Offline dannyboy1234

I had lipo only on my chest also....= ( i'm devastated because up until the day of surgery my PS was going to do excission then he opted not to....i was so nervous on the day of surgery i couldnt say anything....I'm 5'7 an 156 lbs so i'm not overweight....It's just my nipples they are still very puffy....It's only been 3 days after surgery....what can i expect? is the puffiness really just swelling? Will it go down more? I dont understand cause when they are contracted ( pinched or out from under cold water ) they look great! better than ever totally flush with my chest....but when they are relaxed or out from under warm water they are puffy and above my chest...i hate this i so wish i had gotten the excission = (
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:50:41 AM by cleanup »

DrBermant

I had Lipo only on my chest last year and it didn't work.  I am scheduled for revision surgery next week, this time Excision and Lipo.  My PS told me that the incision would be at the base of my pec rather than the Aeriola.  He says he will have better access to the gland from this location.  I have only seen incisions under the nipple on this website and I just wanted to make sure that this sounds OK.

I am extremely excited to get this revision surgery over with, and I am praying that this time it works.  This gyne is just driving me crazy!

Please advise.  Thanks
Typically an incision at the lower part of the pectoral muscle is a significant compromise that tends to make the chest always look surgical when the shirt is off.  I prefer avoiding such obvious scars unless there is just too much loose skin.  Then there is the decision for loose skin or the scar from where the skin was removed.

With my Dynamic Technique for Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction, I typically prefer access at the edge of the areola.  This permits me to select from an artist's pallet of surgical tools.  However, I prefer to individualize each of my patients' sculpture based on the problem to correct. 

What needs to be done for any one specific Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is better determined by someone familiar with that individual problem as determined by evaluation and examination.  Picking your surgeon is like picking an artist. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024