Author Topic: Just had consultation with Dr. Richards - questions  (Read 2241 times)

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
Doctor Richards

Said he will do "ultrasonic liposuction" and no or very little excision.  I hadn't heard of this before, but he said that they insert a probe that breaks up both the fat and gland, and then insert the liposuction tools to suck it all out.  Does this sound like it'll work, or should I demand excision?  He showed me about 20 before and after pictures, all with the ultrasonic liposuction procedure, and they all look very good.

There will be one small quarter-inch incision at the armpit on both sides, and that's it.

The cost is $4,000 for Surgery, $820 for Operating Room and $570 for Anesthesia, totaling $5,390.  Sound reasonable?

I'll have to use drains for 4 to 7 days, and was told that I can get back in the gym for upper-body workouts and martial arts in about 4 weeks.

As for the anesthesia, I have the option of general or IV.  I would prefer IV sedation, though I was told that I am 'somewhat awake'.  Could anyone fill me in on this?  He told me that the IV sedation will put me in a 'very nice place' and that I won't remember the procedure at all...   I really don't want a tube down my throat, which is why I am opting for IV.

If I go with this doctor, the surgery will be on Thursday, June 14th at 12:40.

Anything to add?  I want to make sure that I have all of my bases covered before I go ahead with this...
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free!

Offline jsbaz

• Posting Member
DON'T DO IT IF HE ONLY DOES LIPO!!!!  I had Lipo only and it didn't work.  He must do excision and Lipo.  I have my revision surgery this Thursday and my PS will be doing both Excision and Lipo this time.  I can't stress enough, not to do it if he will only do Lipo.  If he only does lipo, then you too will be coming back for a 2nd surgery.  Read the numerous posts on this website from dissatisfied patients, like myself, about Lipo Only nightmares.  Tell him to do excision or you will find a new PS.  The Lipo that he is talking about DOESN'T remove the gland. 

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
Well that's why I came here to ask. :)

He told me that the ultrasonic liposuction will break up the gland, and remove it.  This isn't true?

Regardless of what method he used, his pictures were very convincing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024