Author Topic: Looking for Surgeon in Orlando, FL or somewhere close?  (Read 2500 times)

Offline bhut2180

• Posting Member
I am seriously considering getting surgery, I had original been diagnosed and consider surgery when I was 13 but the doctor was not sure whether it would continue because of my age.  Well 15 years later, I long for freedom from the social shame and personal uncomfortability with doing anything shirtless.  I am in the Orlando area and would prefer someone familiar and highly competent in the surgery.  I am open to flying somewhere else, but the extra cost of flying out, bringing someone along and such are extra hassles that I would prefer to bypass.  Please let me know if you have any experience with any local doctors and any advice as I continue the early stages of planning. 
thanks
ben

Offline bhut2180

• Posting Member
I just made an appointment with Dr. Pope, http://orlandoplasticsurgerycenter.com/index.html
Apparently he has experience with the surgery, and I am going to pursue insurance coverage and he is an approved surgeon.  I wonder if anyone reading this has had any success with their insurance companies paying for any part of the surgery??
thanks for the palm beach recommedation, keep me updated on how your results turn out
ben

Offline blazianmco

I'm not familiar with that Dr. but I went to Dr. Dean Johnston and he was great. About 2weeks into post op and have had no complications thus far. He's great and very familiar with the condition and has performed alot of this surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024