Author Topic: How many of you had to do it four times? Check my pics.  (Read 4545 times)

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Give me your opinions.

I had a major, major case, used to be 225lbs at 5-8", now I am 185 obviously at the same height.

1st- 2001- Lipo of right side
2rd- 2003-Direct incision on both sides
3rd-2005-Direct incision on both sides, again.

Now I am about to do it again for one last time. I am thinking about going to Argentina or Costa Rica. Sick of paying US doctors a lot of money. Both of the following doctors seen many pictures of me, and both agreed to remove all of the glands and will do lipo to keep the contour. They are both very experienced in this area. One of them has a new Lipo machine named VEERS or something like that.

Option 1:

Argentina
Positive: Direct incision, hospital fees, anesthesia, 1 full day at the hospital with care, total $1400 US,
Negative: Plane ticket is $700 round trip and the ride is 10 hrs, hotels average $150 daily with no food.

Option 2:

Costa Rica
Positive: Airplane round trip $ 280 (just 5 hrs), surgeon's fees includes anesthesia, direct incision and follow up as needed $1300 US, hotels in the area avg $ 50 daily with food.
Negative: Hospital fee is an additional $400.

Both countries are very safe to US Citizens, especially me since I speak English, Korean and Spanish fluently (born in Cuba).

Here are the pics:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:50:17 PM by BigLouJr »

GynO_DuDe

Ahh, well God give you strength, how you can live with having the operation for the 4th time is beyond me! I WOULD BE GOING SKITZ IF I HAD TO DO IT MORE THAN TWICE, as a first time cockup is acceptable due to most surgeons clearly stating this and obviously we all know what a demanding operation it is as its all done through feel but getting it done for the 4th time??

I dont even want to know how much youve spent already let alone the trauma your chest has been through.

Best wishes and Good Luck, I honestly hope you get the results your after.

Offline elyk40

• Posting Member
I had my fourth surgery 4 weeks ago so I know exactly what your feeling.  When is this gonna end?  I know that I'm not healing as fast this time maybe because of age, I am 21 years older than when I had my first surgery.  Its been a struggle almost my entire adult life and you think you get it taken care of and then it just keeps coming back.  As far as having surgery outside the country, I know how you feel about the money but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable going that route.  Hopefully this will be it for me and you also.  Good Luck!

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
I also had my fourth surgery just 61 days ago. i am currently happy(but not totally yet)  but i hope my condition will still improve since i am just 9 weeks post op.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
biglou,  were the first surgeries not done right? or does your gyno keep comming back?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024