Author Topic: Liposuction  (Read 4186 times)

Offline GAW

• Posting Member
Since a teenager I can recall being reluctant to wear a T-shirt because of my chest shape and have finally decided to do something about it.

I've been to see a plastic surgeon and after looking at blood tests & ultrasounds he has recommended that I have liposuction instead of surgery. He said the breast tissue is quite small but the fatty tissue is quite large.

Has anyone got any advice re: liposuction? The costs will be around $6k with $3,500 for the surgeon.

Offline Punta

• Bronze Member
I can not recall reading one account of any person who was completely satisfied with the results from lipo alone. That is a lot of money to pay, if I were you definently get another opinion from a surgeon who you know has performed tissue excision.

I honestly don;t think you will be completely satisfied with lipo only.

Good luck...

Offline adelaideman22

• Posting Member
I have to agree with with punta. My surgeon just reccomended lipo when I had mine done.. I am now in the process of saving for the second operation and losing a bit more weight before I have an excision operation done.

Offline Jojojojo

• Posting Member
Yes, liposuction alone is not veryy efficient for treatment of Gynecomastia. I had liposuction done twice before and now I am planning to do a tissues excision.

Thats a lot of money to spend for lipo alone, get a second opinion.

Offline GAW

• Posting Member
Thanks for the feedback guys, I went and got a second opinion from Maloo's surgeon Sue Thistlethwaite and she was fantastic (like he said she would be).

I think she was a bit shocked by the fact that my other surgeon only recommended lipo.

I'm very nervous but am going to book in very soon.

Offline adelaideman22

• Posting Member
good to hear you got a second opinion.. it is alot of money to spend to only have to do it again

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024