Author Topic: BEST DOC IN CHICAGO  (Read 3121 times)

Offline freeatlast

Hi guys,

I am a week post surgery and wanted to recommend my surgeon, Dr. Jay Penzler in Chicago to anyone considering surgery.

I am in my mid 40's and lived with this condition all my life. I ran across this forum and site, and decided to use their search function to find a surgeon. Dr. Penzler and his staff are amazing. I had virtually no pain after the surgery and only some very minor bruising. I only needed the pain pills for the first day afterward.

Today I went to see Dr. Penzler for my follow up appointment. He is almost happier than I am with the results if that's possible. I can tell that he lives to help people feel better about themselves. He is a remarkable person and I would say if you're in Chicago and living with this problem, you need to RUN don't walk to see him. Only you can make this a priority and free yourself of it.

I have a pre-existing condition (heart related) and I sailed right thru the surgery. I wanted to tell anyone (everyone) who may be considering surgery as an option to just get to a good surgeon and get going on fixing your problem or at least consider your options, and don't be afraid. The techniques have been perfected over the last decade and my results so far are stellar.

I feel as though a giant weight has been lifted off me. The happiest moment of my adult life has been taking off the bandage for the first time and seeing the body I've always wanted.

I also wanted to say that I am glad I found this forum because I didn't feel alone anymore when I started reading all of your stories. So I wish you all the best and god bless.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Wow. I'm speechless.

Offline mtnman

• Posting Member
Freeatlast~
Congrats on being 'Free at last'!  ....and thanks alot for your Dr. Pensler testimony..it has really made my day  :)      I live in the Chicago area and have been debating on flying out to the east coast to see Dr. Bermant.  I would feel more comfortable staying local, and being able to take care of all the post-op stuff with just a drive in to the city.
My gut feeling is that Dr. Pensler can get the job done, so your story really gives me alot of confidence in him now.  I think i am going to make the appt for the consult to hopefully see him this month, and then take care of this issue that has plagued me for 26 years :'(       I am 36 now, and can't wait to start really living my life without this hinderance!
This board has been great, and it sure is amazing to see how many men actually suffer from this...growing up i thought i was the only one!
Take care, and i can't wait to make it to the 'other side' !
If you don't mind me asking, how much should i budget for the total cost of this surgery with Dr. Pensler?
Thanks,
mtnman
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:58:02 AM by cleanup »

Offline freeatlast

Mtnman

The cost for surgery, two compression garments and all post op appointments is approximately 4600.00. Dr. Penzler has an accredited OR right in his office.

I had to do mine in an outpatient surgery center because of my heart condition so I had to pay a little bit extra for the facility fee. If you don't have any health problems you can expect to pay less than 5000 on the whole thing. I got financing for mine thru Capital One and I'm going to take six months to pay it off. I'm not really into taking out loans for stuff but I figured the stress of the debt for a few months is way less intense than the stress of living with this condition.

Truth is, before I did it, the price sounded high. Now that it's done, I can honestly say I would have paid twice as much.

Offline mtnman

• Posting Member
Freeatlast~
Great to hear from you and the all is going very well with your recovery!
I sure can't wait until my puffy nips are history! 
I will take your advice and will call Dr. Pensler today or tomorrow to make that consult appt.   
I hope i can get in then before Thanksgiving so i can get the healing process started before ski season. 

I have a lady friend that wants me to come and see her in Lake Tahoe this winter, but of course the first thing that was on my mind, was what happens incase things get intimate?  I am going to get this done now so that i can experience that freedom that you feel.  I want to live to my full capacity and experience so much more in life....and i know that the time is coming   ;D

Everytime i get done working out at the club, i have no problem walking around in the locker room without a shirt on, because the nips are hard after all that sweating, and i am pretty darn proud of what my physique is turning into. ....its just that after my body cools down, then i turn back into puffy nipple man and avoid others.  What you said about you changing psychologically is 100% true, because i have seen it in myself already by working out.  Its crazy but i am a different person when my chest is flat for a time.  But then i go back into my shell or this box that i have had to live in since 10 yrs old.   i can see the light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter now!

Well free, i pray continued success for you.  .....thanks for giving my a lift today  :)
mtnman

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024