Author Topic: 11 months later... hmm.  (Read 3173 times)

Offline DrDictionary1

Here's the backstory:

I had gynecomastia from about age 13. It never really bothered me that much, but my nipples and areolas poked out significantly and the overall size of my chest was increasing. Finally one of my friends, in naive but good-natured fun, started giving me "purple nurples" on a regular basis. He was not intentionally hurting me emotionally; he just didn't understand. And for that matter, neither did I.

Eventually, I started looking up ways to eliminate my "man boobs." When I found out that there were surgeries that could eliminate it, I wrote it off, thinking it would go away by itself or that my parents would never let me do that. This was when I was 17.

Finally, during my sophomore year in college, at age 19, I talked to my mother and we decided to talk to some surgeons. I ended up going with Dr. Luong, a reconstructive surgeon at Midwest Plastic Surgery in Minnesota near the Twin Cities. She eventually performed my surgery.

Initially, I was extremely pleased with the procedure. I woke up, felt no pain or nausea, and Dr. Luong came in. She told me that she didn't need to use a transareolar(?) incision on either side. Apparently, ultrasonic liposuction was able to completely remove all of the glandular tissue and then she did some more shaping by sucking out some fat, too.

After only 3 weeks in the compression garment, I went for my followup visit. I had healed so quickly that Dr. Luong said I could stop wearing the garment in the daytime and to wear it for another week when sleeping. So I did exactly what she said.

Over time, I noticed something very much like the glandular tissue directly under the nipple/areola on either side. I found that it was scar tissue. I'm starting to think that the scar tissue developed because I was in the compression garment for so little time, but that's exactly what she told me to do. It's been 11 months now and there's no sign of the scar tissue going away.

Do you think I should try to get a revision to remove the scar tissue and try again? I'm pretty sure it would just be ultrasonic liposuction again, so the risk of appearance damage is pretty minimal. It's been 11 months now.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
You should ask the surgeon. You may need open excision to remove the tissue or just injections of corticosteroid.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024