Author Topic: Is it necessary to have so many boards?  (Read 7718 times)

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
This is a problem I've seen with many websites, but it's always a bigger problem with sites like this that don't get a lot of traffic.  There's maybe one or two main boards where everybody posts, and a bunch of other boards that get maybe one post a week.  Is it really helpful when a mod moves somebody's thread from one of the main boards to one where no one will ever reply to it because it gets virtually no traffic?  Just seems kinda ridiculous to me.  If a board's getting so little traffic, and it's one where most of the topics would be relevant on the main board, it's just best to get rid of it and let people post their relevant topics where they'll actually be answered.  Having different boards for helping people to find doctors in their country is one thing, and makes perfect sense.  But unless it's a site that gets hundreds or thousands of posts a day, breaking the forum up into dozens of separate boards just makes it a less helpful site.

The specific thread that prompted me to post this was one that was moved from the main gyne board to the fitness board, where the first page goes back almost half a year.  That doesn't do any good for anybody.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:31:42 PM by Fat-Elvis »

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
People look at the last posting date. It makes it a lot easier to sort through the volume of posts. I understand your point. I don't agree.

Merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The specific thread that prompted me to post this was one that was moved from the main gyne board to the fitness board, where the first page goes back almost half a year.  That doesn't do any good for anybody.

The post that was moved obviously was about exercise/fitness and should have be posted on that board in the first place. Not in 'Gynecomastia Talk'.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Trevor2522

• Posting Member
Agree, far too many sections on this board.   Rationalise and condense please!

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I would guess that MOST of my time on this site has been on the following sections: GYNECOMASTIA TALK, USER PHOTOS, SURGERY SUCCESS STORIES.
Those 3 sections are the heart of this site for me.

I love the new format. Greatly improved! But yes, I sometimes see it as too many sections. I focus on those 3 listed above. Thats all that matters to me personally.   

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
eh, it's not bad. i've seen much worse.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024