Author Topic: stunted growth(height)  (Read 6488 times)

Offline omega

• Silver Member
CAn anything acutaly stunt a persons height? ieven more importantly. i read that a person can even shrink!!!!:S is that posible? a person comes up to me and goes. hey u shudnt go to gym wen ur 17. u cud shrink. true:S also i read sumwher, that while ur on accutane, that can stunt ur height . all this = bullshit? or its tru? i dont thnk any1 can shrink man!

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Actually the older you get after a certain age, many people shrink. The spine starts compressing. One of many good reasons to stretch and exercise.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
stunting your growth by going to the gym is highly unlikely i think, i think this theory is more targeted at those hardcore bodybuilder types. if anything going to the gym at your age is a great idea because your body is growing and its probably easier to gain muscle.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
There are probably several medical factors that could stunt growth. Low thyroid function during your growing years can stunt growth. Since thyroid is a common problem, you might want to start there. Consult your doctor.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
My brother started working out at the age of 15. At that time he was about 5'8, 3 years later he is 6'0. He goes every day and does some really intense weight lifting and he is growing. But what I noticed is that even though he has been working out more then me, its much easier for me to gain muscle and develop it. For example my arms and back are much larger then his, and I been working out only for a year.

Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
if it really concerns you stay away from perscription amphetamines that they give for concentration

Ritalin, concerta, adderal, many others... they give tons and tons of this crap to kids even tho they say it has the capability to stunt puberty....

I took a few of these for ADD, tho honestly I am about 6'4

I know this is truth.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Actually the older you get after a certain age, many people shrink. The spine starts compressing. One of many good reasons to stretch and exercise.

Merle

Very true!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024