Poll

What age were you when you first discovered your chest/nipples growing?

pre 10
33 (9.3%)
10-13
184 (52.1%)
14-17
66 (18.7%)
18-22
17 (4.8%)
22-30
13 (3.7%)
30+
40 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Author Topic: Age of Onset  (Read 56632 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I was about 12 when my Mother said: "If they get any bigger, I'll need to buy you a bra".

She was only kidding, of course, but I took it seriously. The first time I was able to speak openly to her about it I was almost 50 years old.

I had a grandfather who I could talk to. He had it too and he helped me learn to dress in clothes that helped to hide it.

If you have trouble dealing with parents, sometime a grandparent will prove to be more understanding and helpful.  Mine surely was!
Grandpa Dan

Offline john7heaven

• Posting Member
I was 14 when this problem started.

I remember standing in line at the School Swimming pool in trunks, and some wise ass said 'you need to wear a bra'.
All the boys laughed and the girls looked down embarassed for me. I used to wait to jump in the pool with my arms folded
to 'hide' my chest, or I'd point up or scrach the back of my neck. Everyone knew why I did it, to disguise my chest.

The was thes start of School hell really.  Never came back from these idiots saying things.  :-\  And I had no confidence with girls
until I was 25.

I had a girlfriend once back then, but only when I was an anorexic weight (due to  severe illness) and the boobs were practically hidden!  :D

Now I'm an obese middle age, single loser.  I wear layers upon layers and walk with a stoop to try and hide my chest.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
I was always chubby but around 12-14 it started I gained a lot of weight, I know people have said things but I really cant remember I was pretty popular and everyone always liked me so I dont think I got it that bad(or maybe I blocked it out???)and I didnt have that bad of a case. but at 18 when I decided to get my life on track weighing in at 214 pounds at 5,7 I lost all the weight hit the gym and they always sag down its all gland.

Offline MSJ108

23 for me

Offline porpoise

• Posting Member
My brother used to tease me and lift up my shirt to show his friends when I was very young, somewhere between 5-7. I dreaded going to the swimming pool because all my friends were normal and skinny, but I was fat and had these giant, obnoxious, puffy nipples. I used to get out of the pool really quick and get a towel or just stay in the pool and get out when nobody was looking. My friends would be running and doing crazy jumps and whatnot and I'd just be standing in the pool, trying to stay up to neck level so nobody could see.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
I noticed my puffed nips around 10 or 11. No one ever said anything because no one ever saw them. When I was younger I used to go to the shore every summer. I used to wear a wetsuit type vest whenever i went in the water. I never sat on the beach - i went right from the water back to the house. After a year or two of doing that, the questions started coming up more and more.."why do you always wear that wetsuit..you dont need it..we're just swimming". That's when I stopped going to the beach all together. Since then (about 12 or 13) I have avoided all shirtless activities completely. Stopped having girlfriends, stopped going to the beach, stopped swimming. Stopped talking to a lot of my friends because it was easier to just ignore everyone rather then giving excuses all the time. Pretty much became anti-social. Overall I'm a positive person. I have a great job, I'm good looking, I'm a good person, I'm in pretty good shape, I just have this stupid ass chest holding me back. I'm 23 now and I'm sooo ready for my surgery. I'm scheduled for July 3rd. 36 days!! I'm really looking forward to doing the things I haven't done in so long. I'll be starting a 'journal' of my surgery once it gets closer. Be sure to check it out!

Offline MSJ108

I noticed my puffed nips around 10 or 11. No one ever said anything because no one ever saw them. When I was younger I used to go to the shore every summer. I used to wear a wetsuit type vest whenever i went in the water. I never sat on the beach - i went right from the water back to the house. After a year or two of doing that, the questions started coming up more and more.."why do you always wear that wetsuit..you dont need it..we're just swimming". That's when I stopped going to the beach all together. Since then (about 12 or 13) I have avoided all shirtless activities completely. Stopped having girlfriends, stopped going to the beach, stopped swimming. Stopped talking to a lot of my friends because it was easier to just ignore everyone rather then giving excuses all the time. Pretty much became anti-social. Overall I'm a positive person. I have a great job, I'm good looking, I'm a good person, I'm in pretty good shape, I just have this stupid ass chest holding me back. I'm 23 now and I'm sooo ready for my surgery. I'm scheduled for July 3rd. 36 days!! I'm really looking forward to doing the things I haven't done in so long. I'll be starting a 'journal' of my surgery once it gets closer. Be sure to check it out!

good luck brother

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline FatM1ke

• Posting Member
Starting coming up for me around 10. At this time I was a reasonably normal weight, wouldn't surprise me that they were an indirect cause to the heavy weight gain I encountered for most of my teen years.

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
Yea i have been teased so many times and it hards when your a child but you have to get through it. I used to cry and pout but now i take it or beat the living hell outta them. i am 6-2 250 sophmore who is strong
"I can Do ALL Things Through him who Strengthens Me"

Offline MSJ108

Yea i have been teased so many times and it hards when your a child but you have to get through it. I used to cry and pout but now i take it or beat the living hell outta them. i am 6-2 250 sophmore who is strong

ya your a big boy

Offline zueltree

i was 12 when i noticed my nipples changing, and it wasnt until i was 14 and at the pool till one of my "so called friends" started calling me NIPPLE breasts, that was the most embarassing thing to evr happen i am 16 now and i hav just recently quitted marijuana hoping it will reduce my nipple size... if it doesn i plan to wait until i am 18 to get surgery, unless it goes away sooner

Offline MSJ108

i was 12 when i noticed my nipples changing, and it wasnt until i was 14 and at the pool till one of my "so called friends" started calling me NIPPLE breasts, that was the most embarassing thing to evr happen i am 16 now and i hav just recently quitted marijuana hoping it will reduce my nipple size... if it doesn i plan to wait until i am 18 to get surgery, unless it goes away sooner

good choice to quit the weed and wait a couple yrs. Good luck

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

good choice to quit the weed and wait a couple yrs. Good luck

x2....

GB

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
I remember when two young kids asked if I was a girl or a boy when I was about 10 and I said a boy and they wouldn't believe me. 

It was so strange and devastating. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024