Author Topic: Advice needed!!  (Read 7889 times)

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
  • Levick removed on 18/03/05, get in!!!!!
Hey guys,

I posted in the UK forum but I guess more people look at this so I will post here aswell.

Had the op with Levick (supposedly the best surgeon in the UK) over a month ago.  Have a few concerns I'd like to share with you guys and see if you can give me any advice.

The one major concern I have is that my right nipple has a massive fold in it and according to Levick it has adhered to the muscle underneath, he seemed to say give it a year and go back to him to see if it has gotten better.  I understand that adhesion can be a big problem if they take out too much and that it doesn't just unstick itself from the muscle over time.  Is this the case? Can anything be done about it? Or am i stuck with it like it is?

My nipples are also of differing height at the mo, the bottom of the adhered nipple is about the same height as the top of the good one, is this normal? Are they gonna get better and end up the same level?

I may be worrying unessecarily but everyone else seems to really pleased with their results and they look great after a few weeks, or in some cases days, if anyone could give me any advice it would be appreciated.  I'm unsure what step to take next.

I will get some photo's uploaded soon so you guys can see what I mean.

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
Right here's some photos of where I'm currently at:

The last pic is a side view of the side with the adhesion, I thought it looked a bit weird so I included it!

Let me know what you think

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
do you have any before pictures you could post so a comparison could be made?

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
Yeah I do, here are some of my before:

Theres a couple, the gyne is gone, which is a plus, and I can wear a t-shirt, the left side is bigger as it has more scar tissue apparantly but not so big as you would notice unless it was a really tight t-shirt.

Its better in some ways, but if it stays like it is I still won't be able to take my shirt off!!!

Offline Spleen

Yeah, you definitely have a complication on the right side.  I have no idea if a year is gonna fix it or not.  That's a question for the doctors.  I know Levick has a good reputation but maybe get a second opinion from another doc in your area?  

Best of luck.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Looks like Levick took too much gland out :-/. If too much gland is taken out, you get a concave areola. My left areola is slightly concave but not to the extent that it bothers me.

The only thing to do is to wait out the year that the experts suggest, and see what it is like then. But like spleen mentioned, it may not correct itself.

You should ask Dr. Levick if, after a year, the areola is still concave, what his plans are to correct the problem. At least if you know it 'can' be corrected, you will have some 'peace of mind' until then.  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 04:59:17 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
Thanks for your support.

Looking at it again now it looks and feels as if Levick has taken so much fat away that the entire right hand side has adhered to the muscle, hence the massive ridge that there is, like all the fat has been pushed up, so theres too much fat above it and nothing underneath, its just stuch directly to the muscle.

What the fcuk am I gonna do, I have lived with gyne all my life, and thought Levick would be able to sort me out and make my life better, but now I am completely dispondant, I look deformed!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

What the fcuk am I gonna do, I have lived with gyne all my life, and thought Levick would be able to sort me out and make my life better, but now I am completely dispondant, I look deformed!!

Calm down there Dude.... Best thing to do is to go back to Levick and ask him what he plans to do to correct it if it hasn't improved after waiting a year that he suggests. If there is a 'fix', then your mind will be at ease.

BTW, in your last 'side view' pic, there seems to be a ridge or recession about an inch and a half above your areola. Is it recessed or is the lighting in the room playing tricks on your camera?

John.

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
Sorry bout the post above, got a bit emotional about the whole thing, I pinned so much on the op being a success and there are so many people who have been delighted with what this guy has done I didn't think anything like this would happen.

Yeah there is a ridge above my areola, there is a lot of fat above it and then like a 90 degree angle and no fat and rock hard underneath, it seems like the whole of the area underneath this ridge is stuck to the muscle!

All I can think of is that the bandage I had on after the op was too tight and caused the fat which should have been spread out over the chest to rise up over the bandage, leacing nothing for the skin to adhere to but muscle.

Is it gonna come unstuck? will massaging it help?  Anyone got any ideas how I can fix it?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Sorry bout the post above, got a bit emotional about the whole thing, I pinned so much on the op being a success and there are so many people who have been delighted with what this guy has done I didn't think anything like this would happen.

Yes, its disappointing when your expectations are not met.  :-/

Yeah there is a ridge above my areola, there is a lot of fat above it and then like a 90 degree angle and no fat and rock hard underneath, it seems like the whole of the area underneath this ridge is stuck to the muscle!

Personally, I think that it will stay like that until you have a revision. If a revision is even possible.

Is it gonna come unstuck?

If your skin does, in time, 'come unstuck', what will be between the muscle and your skin?

BTW, what is Levick's Gyne reduction method? Does he use the armpit as an access point?

John.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 06:29:00 AM by Bambu »

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
Levick does go in through the armpit, supposed to be a better result in the long run.

Is adhesion a big problem then? I can see what you mean about what would be in between, I wonder if they can inject some fat back into my chest.

Levick said he would phone me sometime this evening to talk through it, only got a few hours to wait, I really hope something can be done, I don't wanna be stuck lookin like I do forever!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Levick does go in through the armpit, supposed to be a better result in the long run.

Was just wondering as I did not see any scars around your areolas.

Is adhesion a big problem then? I can see what you mean about what would be in between, I wonder if they can inject some fat back into my chest.

There was a post a few months back about injecting fatty tissue to correct the concave condition. Have not read anything 'official' about the technique though.

Levick said he would phone me sometime this evening to talk through it, only got a few hours to wait, I really hope something can be done, I don't wanna be stuck lookin like I do forever!

Yeah, definiately something went wrong with your proceedure. Don't let the Doc make you think otherwise.

Please let us know what Dr. Levick has to say about it.

Good Luck Dude!

John.

Offline Spleen

you gotta step it up and challenge your doc for some solutions.  There may be no magic solution, but maybe Levick can suggest massage or something to help resolve it.  If it doesn't fix itself, then you're a prime candidate for a FREE revision.  Make sure Levick understands that you have that expectation and that he ought to correct the complication. It's only fair.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Zane, I'm no surgeon so I obviously can't even start to speculate what may have gone wrong.. but..

From my experience of Levick over the last few months, I have no doubt that you will eventually come through this. The guy has had gynecomastia himself, he knows the score. As stressful as it may be, you might well have to take advantage of the "free revision" promise he gives us in our booklets.

I'm positive that him and Gail will take care of you.
etc.

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
Hey Zane,

How did you leave off with your doctor, what did he say?I called my doc yesterday about a lump i noticed underneath my lower left pec and he says it might be a lump of fat that has shifted, I hope it does correct itself. I also think maybe I had the bandage on too tight that caused the shift.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024