Author Topic: Surgery in New York  (Read 2879 times)

Offline hopeful3

Hey guys,
I'm 19 and I have gyne. I'm 6' and about 6 months ago I used to be 166lbs... then I went on a very strict diet and lost 24lbs and reached 142 which is actually quite low for someone my height. Right now, I'm really pushing the lines of anorexic and I've even tried throwing up a couple times after meals to stay as thin as I am. I found that the weight loss helped but I also realized something:
No matter how thin I am my breasts would still look bigger in proportion to the rest of my body.

Anyway, I'm a sophomore and I decided that I can't take it anymore. I have 1.5K saved up and will try to get a loan for the rest (In my case it's even harder bcuz I'm an international student and need a US citizen to cosign any loan I take). Anyway, I need to get the surgery done as soon as possible because this is really the hope that keeps me alive. I'm in NY state, can you please please please tell me which surgeon to go to and how much it will cost. I need to know because that will determine the amount of my loan. Thank you so much!

Offline gynenomore

• Posting Member
hopeful3:

I can feel your pain, but starving is no solution.  I'd recommend you to get back to a healthy eating lifestyle.  Exercise would help but unfortunately, for folks like us, surgery is the only solution (at least now).

Check out the link here for surgeons in NY area: http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/surg_listing/surgeons.php

I am in the process of meeting with PS myself and am about to finalize this week.  Dont lose hope, start eating!

All the best!
MickyG

Offline gynenomore

• Posting Member
savatage79:

Do you know anyone you can recommend thats around 4000?  My PS (expected surgery in 3 weeks) is charging 7000!!!  I cant believe I am doing this.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
MickyG

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
The cost varies a lot by area. NY is one of the most expensive. CA is up there as well. On the East Coast, Bermant in VA is probably the most cost effective.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024