Author Topic: just had my initial consultation with Sue Thistlethwaite  (Read 9929 times)

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
I made the appointment around mid September and couldn't get my initial consultation till dec 13th (she must be very popular) and it seems ill be able to get surgery late January.

you can look up my previous posts to find pictures of my gyno and as you can see its very minor so i was worried that surgeons would deem the surgery as unnecessary or not be very understanding.

i have to admit i was skeptical at first as i was worried that a lady wouldn't be as understanding as a male about gynecomastia, but i was naive!

I saw Sue today and she was very easy to talk to and understanding, she knew exactly why i didn't like my gyne and made it out as if it was no big deal. she also told me that she does a new case of gyno every few weeks and the rate is only getting higher, which means she has great experience, she even offered for me to talk to her previous patients! I cannot really stress enough how experienced and reassuring she was.

anyway, her bottom line was that i was completely gland and no lipo will be performed as i have no fat and it all it would do is cause a dent in my nipples. she said i'll be out of work for about 5 days then back to full impact exercise in 4 weeks.

her receptionist printed a quote as follows:

Miss Sue Thistlethwaite's Fee: $2000 (704.70 can be claimed though private health insurance)

anesthetic fee: Once  the procedure is booked i will get this fee? anyone got any ideas?

Linley clinic hospital fee: bed costs: $380, Operating Room fee: $1.747.50

compression vest: $100

apparently the hospital fees may be less with private health insurance which i will investigate, but medicare doesnt cover it.

all up

with private health insurance: 3523.80 (maybe less providing whether it caters for hospital fees)

without private health insurance:

Offline boh

• Posting Member
Hi there

Did Dr. Sue mention anything regarding excess skin and the risks involved in having excess skin it is the only thing that really freaks me out about the surgery.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
no sorry, my case is purely gland and no fat so excess skin isnt a problem for me so i didnt ask

Offline boh

• Posting Member
thnx mate for your reply :) my case is mainly gland as well I was booked for initial consultation with Dr. Sue early Jan but cant make it so now it b around early march to be honest I'm quite nervous about it i was also wondering if booking the surgery will take as long as the consultation.......anyways goodluck with yout surgery hopefully everythin will go well please keep us posted with the results.

Boh

Offline jack_sparrow

Hey guys,

does anyone have Sue's Office contact phone numbers?

i was looking her up to book myself an appointment, but  could not find her contact details.

Thanks in advance.

Offline raymond21

• Posting Member
hey mate did u find out how much the anestatic fee is ?!

Offline DoctorRobert

I am a bit confused whey the Anaesthetic fee is not given in Sue's quotes..  Would this fee vary for different patients?..

Offline koopatrooper

Offline raymond21

• Posting Member

Offline koopatrooper

Yeah. I had mine done with Sue on 5th of March and I think it should be a good result. Total cost for me was $5400 of which I could claim back about $700 from medicare.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
I am a bit confused whey the Anaesthetic fee is not given in Sue's quotes..  Would this fee vary for different patients?..

This is because its a hospital fee, she doesnt actually do the anaesthetic - an anesthesiologists does it. But yes it's around 600-800 dollars, I still havnt got my operation unfortunately. Waiting for University holidays.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024