Author Topic: Told my mom about it.  (Read 17334 times)

Offline kilgun1243

• Posting Member
Told my mom bout it and now she thinks im crazy.
She says it's normal but deep inside it's really bothering me. :(

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
Well shes right it is normal.

What exactly do you think is bothering you about it?

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
i wish i could tell someone i can't
"I can Do ALL Things Through him who Strengthens Me"

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Welcome to the club, my parents thing the same thing....the best thing to do is take things into your own hands, thats what I am doing... Then after surgery I am going to tell them, and they will then finally realize that I was serious about this.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The only people who truly understand are those have have/had the condition also.

If parents are uncooperative, the best thing to do (as Copespo said...) is to take matters into your own hands. You know how you feel... you know 'what' needs to be done... make it happen!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
explain to her the facts of gyno, especially why it happens

at first i didn't know how to tell my parents, but i made a mini presentation almost haha

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
My parents didn't belive me. But my dad did as soon as I showed him the gynecomastia documentary video on youtube. Even though my dad agree's, my mom still hates the fact that I need surgery and told me to lose some weight and do some chest workouts. Most parents are the same.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you failed to tell your mother that exercise will not diminish your problem, Then you are at fault for allowing her to retain this false belief that exercise might help.

You had an opportunity to enlighten her and you blew it.

It is not too late however, Invite her to look over your shoulder as you scan through the site.

It is far too early to give up.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Well paw paw, she's not like most parents. Not to sound racist but my parents are from the pacific islands and well she doesn't really interact with technology so she doesn't really care about what the internet says. And she hates the fact that I need surgery because it's "wimpy" and doesn't want me to have the surgery. But recently she told me to do what I wanted and she wants nothing to do with me and the surgery, even said she wouldn't help for so me and my dad to pay it off so we're going to ask my aunt for some help.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Well paw paw, she's not like most parents. Not to sound racist but my parents are from the pacific islands and well she doesn't really interact with technology so she doesn't really care about what the internet says. And she hates the fact that I need surgery because it's "wimpy" and doesn't want me to have the surgery. But recently she told me to do what I wanted and she wants nothing to do with me and the surgery, even said she wouldn't help for so me and my dad to pay it off so we're going to ask my aunt for some help.

God, that is brutal. Maybe take her with you to the family doctor?

I really feel for you. This is why I haven't told me parents about wanting to get surgery yet. I'm about 50-50 on whether they'll accept it (I'm sure they'll sympathize about the problem but surgery is going to be a leap). My plan is to tell them about it when it's too late for them to say anything.

It's been a few months so hopefully you're aunt was more supportive. At least you have your dad.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Good luck man with your parents. Actually now I think that I'm kinda getting to my mom. All I need to do now is lose a few more pounds then I'm going to tear my shirt off and ask her if I'm a man or if I should turn to prostitution as a tranny. What y'all think? Saves me the cost of having breast implants right? Always looking on the brightside.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Good luck man with your parents. Actually now I think that I'm kinda getting to my mom. All I need to do now is lose a few more pounds then I'm going to tear my shirt off and ask her if I'm a man or if I should turn to prostitution as a tranny. What y'all think? Saves me the cost of having breast implants right? Always looking on the brightside.

Lol, I don't think that'd be the best idea.

I agree with paa_paw though, you should show her evidence that no amount of exercise will get rid of the gland (after all it's not fat).

Honestly, if it were me, and she still couldn't sympathize... I'd tell her to shove it. It's one thing not agreeing with surgery but denying that it's a medical condition is just ignorant. Start saving money and let her know that this is happening one way or another.

Not sure how old you are but I'm 22, a student w/ PT job. Over the course of about a year and a half I've saved up for what should hopefully be enough to get surgery soon (I'd have had it sooner but I had to loan my bros $2500 for their school fees the past two semesters... money which i'm not really expecting will be paid back ever lol).

Anyway, try to convince your mom it's a medical condition. One which won't go away from exercising (believe me I've tried, chest workouts just add more muscle behind the gland too). If she still can't understand, try to work out a plan with your dad/aunt (i.e. $ for $ savings).

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yeah my dad is down with me. I'm just going to lose some weight and show her. Hopefully she finally sees. I'm 17 and I want to get this done before senior year. My best chances are getting a loan from my aunt and getting hired for a job by my not a nice person uncle. So does your mother know about your condition merangue?

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
So does your mother know about your condition merangue?

She does but only that it's there, she doesn't know how much it bothers me. She was actually the first one who pointed out that my chest wasn't normal (back when I was 10ish). The comment was a bit insensitive but I don't think she meant it that way.

Either way, like your mom, she'd probably freak out if I brought up the word 'surgery'. And I have no idea how I'd bring up the topic with her anyway, nor do I intend to (until it's done). I just don't see how it'd change anything (except make her worry more).

But keep us posted on your progress. Maybe start a journal.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Are you old enough for surgery to get on your own? Hows getting money for the surgery going for you?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024