Author Topic: Having revision soon, is gland removal as painful as lipo and another ques.  (Read 4798 times)

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I AM HAVING A REVISION SURGERY IN TWO WEEKS. DURING MY FIRST SURGERY MY DOCTOR DID NOT REMOVE ANY GLAND ( DONT KNOW WHY) . THE LIP[O I HAD WAS VERY PAINFUL. ALOT OF FAT WAS REMOVED. MY LEFT BREAST LOOKS GOOD BUT MY RIGHT DEFINATELY NEEDS GLAND REMOVAL. IS THIS NORMAL THAT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE GLAND IN ONE BREAST. ALSO, IS GLAND ONLY REMOVAL AS PAINFUL AS LIPO ? ANY HELP OR COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
 THANKS

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
1. No need to type in caps.

2. Wrong section, unless you're posting some pics.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BUT I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS. WHY WOULD THAT BOTHER YOU ?

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

Because it's annoying.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member

Because it's annoying.

It also makes it seem like you are yelling.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

Offline outertrial

The internet isnt a place renowned for its decorum and civility but typing in caps is generally considered quite rude wherever you are. At best it makes more than a line of text hard to read.

To answer your question , no its not normal for a surgeon to leave a lot of gland in one side and not the other. Gland or lipo the operation isnt known for being especially painful so you might just have been unlucky.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 05:34:40 AM by outertrial »

DrBermant

I AM HAVING A REVISION SURGERY IN TWO WEEKS. DURING MY FIRST SURGERY MY DOCTOR DID NOT REMOVE ANY GLAND ( DONT KNOW WHY) . THE LIP[O I HAD WAS VERY PAINFUL. ALOT OF FAT WAS REMOVED. MY LEFT BREAST LOOKS GOOD BUT MY RIGHT DEFINATELY NEEDS GLAND REMOVAL. IS THIS NORMAL THAT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE GLAND IN ONE BREAST. ALSO, IS GLAND ONLY REMOVAL AS PAINFUL AS LIPO ? ANY HELP OR COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
 THANKS

Pain and Comfort after Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of the surgeon, complications, how you heal, and other factors.  Almost all of my many revision patients first done elsewhere tell me that my Revision Surgery for Gynecomastia Deformities was much more comfortable than what happened with their prior surgeon(s).  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong oral medication, most take mainly just plain Tylenol after my sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
THANK YOU DR. BERMANT. I APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
bah caps  >:( hard to tell i had combination lipo and gland removal but the only pain was localised to the nipple area  so i think excision is more painful? it may depend how sensitive your nipples are? whereas the rest of my chest was lipoed and only felt like id done to many bench presses for a few days. CAPS MAKE YOU SOUND SPECIAL :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024