Author Topic: Months after surgery and still depressed  (Read 3781 times)

Offline scope

• Posting Member
I had a moderate case of gyne that showed big, puffy nipples. I had surgery about six months ago and when I saw my post op after three days I was really happy. Boobs finally gone. But as weeks went by, I began to have the same feeling I did over six months ago... with gynecomastia. I still can't take off my shirt. I still can't swim. I'm afraid to go to parties or any social gatherings because if there's any way people see my nipples they will freak out.

My nipples are still just like the ones I had during gynecomastia -- they erect when it's cold. Instead of being puffy normally tough, they are flat, concave wrinkled and pitted. The surgeon also made an incision just ON the nipple, not the edge, so I have a huge incision mark that sticks out and it's obvious that I had surgery there. Along with that, I am still not completely flat on my chest. The doctor did a good side below the nipple but the top still has fat. Now, I'm a relatively skinny guy and when people see fat like pecs sticking out of me it just looks very unsymmetrical.

Next week I'm going to get a follow up with the surgeon and see what he can do. From the posts on the forum it doesn't seem that anyone else has fixed the "pitted nipples" problem.

Pre-op: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=9824.0
Post-op, 3 days: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=11449.0
Post-op, 6 months: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7732/img00655fd2.jpg

All I wish is to swim again and be able to run around shirtless.

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Hey man, I'm sorry you feel that way, but from what I see in your pictures you had, and have nothing to worry about.  I know for a fact that I wouldnt give your chest a second glance on a beach, and doubt anyone else would for that matter.  I think you might have some unrealistic image of how your body should look.  Maybe you should look into counceling.  I'm sure its not something you would want the hear, but if you are post op and looking pretty good but you are still depressed about it you need to heal in a different way.

Offline scope

• Posting Member
I'm not depressed at all generally ;D, but I took the best recent picture possible.

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Well I think you look fine.  From your pictures I really dont think there is anything else that can be, or needs to be done for you.  Maybe years of worry have left their impression and you just need to get over it.  I mean if you spend every social situation for years thinking about your chest, its probably just a habit like smoking, only now its probably like you are trying to hide a secret that you once had gyne.  Dont worry about it.  No one will notice.  Throw caution to the wind some time and go swimming you will see what I mean and you will never have a problem again.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
U look great mate. I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. The results are awesome.

Offline Spleen

Gotta agree dude.  You look good.  Time to move forward.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
I agree with everyone else. Although the 6 month post-op pic is slightly blurry, I think the results look great. Other than counseling, you may want to look into working out and building muscle, and adding some shape to your physique. I think that would help greatly. Check out Muscletalk.co.uk for bodybuilding advice - there are some very helpful guys on that board. Good luck with everything!

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
take some decent photos of your current situation. based on that photo u cant see anything at all really.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024