Author Topic: Dr. Ivan Turpin, Orange, CA -any comments?  (Read 7571 times)

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
  • I'm new, and this place is great.
I have scheduled a consultation with Dr. Ivan Turpin. He is beyond popular, and the next consult I could get is December 16. OVER 6 MONTHS FROM NOW!!! Anyway, I booked it for the heck of it. I was wondering if anyone has used this guy?

Offline todds

tmart,

Yeah, I just got my second surgery done by Dr. Turpin in July of this year.  The first surgery took place last October and was done mostly just with the latest technology with those cunula tubes but no cutting into me.  I think this a less risky method.

I wasn't satisfied with the results so I got another surgery in July of this year and am now in the healing process.  I think Dr. Turpin and his team are pretty cool.  Especially a woman named Carla who helps with insurance.  I like what Dr. Turpin has done this second time.  I understand it was much riskier and harder, he actually cut me this time, but the results are satisfactory.  

I now feel like I can move on with my life.  It's such a relief to be able to just walk around in t-shirts with no undershirt and not worry about how it looks.  Mine wasn't that bad to begin with, but it was bad enough that I was constantly self-conscious and lived in fear of people finding out.  My whole life bascially revolved around this thing.  And now it's basically over with.  

So I think you'll have great results with Dr. Turpin.  I would recommend that you really are prepared to ask him whatever you want to know though.  If you don't ask, he pretty much probably won't say much.  I got the impression he just does his job well and that's that.  But when you're meeting with him, I recommend you be prepared with good questions.    

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
Wow, thanks for the information. I haven't been here in a while. I think i'm going to have to push him to cut me up lol. I have some definite glandular tissue. If you don't mind could you give me a ballpark figure on the surgery?

Offline todds

It's hard to say pricewise becausee there's a few seprate issues.  I THINK with my insurance I ended up paying around $3000 the first time and around $1500 the second time for the actual surgery, but those figures could be off.  It get's kind of complicated.  But it's the hospital time that costs so much.  They charged like $11,000 or something for the room time this second time, which of course I don' t have to pay all of that.  But both times I had to do some talking with the insurance and also had different amounts for my deductible which all adjusts the actual amount I pay.  You know?  Then there's also the anesthesia which is a couple hundred, bloodwork is a little, etc.  So I think it really depends.  And my understanding is that Dr. Turpin employs different methods for each person.  Like for my second surgery, even though he cut me open, he also felt that he should use the canula tubes again during the sugery so he went ahead and did both.  But the turnout is quite good.  I hope all goes well with your surgery.

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
I am assuming you mean $1,100 not $11,000 right? That would make more sense... I don't know what type of insurance you have, but I don't expect mine to cover anything. I was expecting to pay about 4,500 out the door.

Thank you for the info once again, and I hope you get great results.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
todds, why didnt turpin do it right the first time

Offline rahrah

Dr. Turpin.............not sure if he is still in practice.  He dropped me like a hot potato after my chest was a scarred-up train wreck following double mastectomy, and reconstructive surgeries.  He gave me one implant under the muscle, and one implant over the muscle rendering my chest rediculously asymmetrical and freakish.  He waited a full year to book me for my first reconstructive after my mastectomy, when you can have it right after the mastectomy.  I am disgusted with his lack of care, follow-up and his work.  He left me an incomplete mess, and this after over 6 surgeries he got paid very well from my insurance company.  Shame on you, wherever you are, Dr. Turpin.  You have to answer to your conscience and to God.

Offline rahrah

Dr. Turpin.............not sure if he is still in practice.  He dropped me like a hot potato after my chest was a scarred-up train wreck following double mastectomy, and reconstructive surgeries.  He gave me one implant under the muscle, and one implant over the muscle rendering my chest rediculously asymmetrical and freakish.  He waited a full year to book me for my first reconstructive after my mastectomy, when you can have it right after the mastectomy.  I am disgusted with his lack of care, follow-up and his work.  He left me an incomplete mess, and this after over 6 surgeries he got paid very well from my insurance company.  Shame on you, wherever you are, Dr. Turpin.  You have to answer to your conscience and to God.
:'( >:(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024