Author Topic: NOT VERY SATISFIED AFTER SURGERY AND NEED SOME ADVICE  (Read 4773 times)

Offline steve007

I HAD GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY ABOUT 20 DAYS AGO AND THE DOCTOR DID THE PROCEDURE USING LYPO. I NOTICED MY RIGHT BREAST LOOKS PERFECT, CAN'T SEE ANY SCARING OR ANYTHING BUT MY LEFT BREST SEEMS CAVED IN. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THE NIPLE ON THE LEFT SIDE IS ALSO SUNKEN IN. FEELS VERY TIGHT AND HARD AS IF THERE IS NO GIVE AT ALL IN IT.
MY DOCTOR CLAIMS THAT THEY WILL BOTH EVEN UP WITHIN 3 MONTHS BUT HOW IS THAT TRUE IF THE RIGHT SIDE LOOKS PERFECTLY FINE BUT THE LEFT SIDE LOOKS LIKE TERRIBLE!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY REASURING ADVICE, PLEASE POST IT ON HERE OTHERWISE I AM GOING TO SUE THE S**T OUT OF MY DOCTOR. >:(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:15:43 PM by steve007 »

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
I am no expert, have not had surgery yet, but I do recall seeing a post here by a doctor (Jacobs I think), that the breasts are completely separate entities and heal individually.

From what I recall it is NOT unusual for you to be seeing different progressions in each side.

Maybe a Doctor could weigh in.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Some pics would help then we could see what you are talking about.  "caved in" sounds pretty drastic.  I thought that was a result of a surgeon taking out too much gland, didn't know it could occur from lipo alone. :o
Surgery done 18th March 2008

DrBermant

I HAD GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY ABOUT 20 DAYS AGO AND THE DOCTOR DID THE PROCEDURE USING LYPO. I NOTICED MY RIGHT BREAST LOOKS PERFECT, CANT SEE ANY SCARING OR ANYTHING BUT MY LEFT BREST SEEMS CAVED IN. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THE NIPLE ON THE LEFT SIDE IS ALSO SUNKEN IN. FEELS VERY TIGHT AND HARD AS IF THERE IS NO GIVE AT ALL IN IT.
MY DOCTOR CLAIMS THAT THEY WILL BOTH EVEN UP WITHIN 3 MONTHS BUT HOW IS THAT TRUE IF THE RIGHT SIDE ALREADY LOOKS PERFECTLY FINE BUT THE LEFT SIDE LOOKS LIKE TERRIBLE!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY REASURING ADVICE, PLEASE POST IT ON HERE OTHERWISE I AM GOING TO SUE THE S**T OUT OF MY DOCTOR. >:(

20 days is very early after some surgery techniques.  How tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, and other factors. 

Using my Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help others understand you concerns.

Crater Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery can be a difficult problem to solve. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline steve007

HOW CAN I POST SOME PICTURES ON HERE TO SHOW YOU ALL THE RESULTS? ALSO HOW LONG DOES A GYNO PATIENT NEED TO WEAR A COMPRESSION VEST FOR? I HEAR 30 DAYS, SOME SAY JUST TWO WEEKS. I WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE THE COMPRESSION VEST ON MY LEFT SIDE BECAUSE OF IT BEING TOO CAVED IN LIKE MENTIONED EARLIER, MAYBE YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON THAT DOC.

DrBermant

HOW CAN I POST SOME PICTURES ON HERE TO SHOW YOU ALL THE RESULTS? ALSO HOW LONG DOES A GYNO PATIENT NEED TO WEAR A COMPRESSION VEST FOR? I HEAR 30 DAYS, SOME SAY JUST TWO WEEKS. I WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE THE COMPRESSION VEST ON MY LEFT SIDE BECAUSE OF IT BEING TOO CAVED IN LIKE MENTIONED EARLIER, MAYBE YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON THAT DOC.

Some load small size pictures on this site, most use one of the images posting sites and then use links in their post to those images.

For each of my patients, I design a specific time for compression vest wearing.  I use a First Stage After Gynecomastia Surgery Garments to protect the tissues initially for healing.  The Second Stage After Male Breast Reduction Surgery Vest I use to help with the scars.  Scars that evolve under pressure do much better than scars without pressure.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:25:32 PM by DrBermant »

Offline steve007

Thanks for the infor Doc. I was told to wear mine for 30 days only. How long does it usually take to get the normal sensation back in the breast area after surgery?

DrBermant

Thanks for the infor Doc. I was told to wear mine for 30 days only. How long does it usually take to get the normal sensation back in the breast area after surgery?

All of my patients start out with a numb chest from my Tumescent Technique for Male Chest Contouring.  The anesthesia numbness goes away later that night of surgery.   Loss of sensation and recovery of other nerve injury depend on the problem to be treated, what was done surgically, how you heal, and other factors best explored with a doctor familiar with your specifics. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

You must be from the USofA....  :P

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024